House Price Crash Forum

Barak Obama

heather5

HOLA441

I've been miffed for ages now with all the media hype.

Why is it that America is going mad onBarak Obama.

Why is he being compared to the greats including Martin Luther King?

He's mixed colour - with mixed parents.

So how does he equate to being a true American black or even South American?

Miffying me still is that why does most of America suddenly think that because of his colour he will change the whole of US society for 100s of years.

What is really odd though is that as he's of mixed white and black parentage - why the hpye that america has changed - sure only when an American Indian in the senate means that things have really changed?

But since they are in such a minority and down-trodden beyound the forces that the Americans say they are pro - surely only when one of those people as president would truly show a change in the US and its history.

Barak Obama - he's just an excuse for all the problems today faced by the world.

Will he change the way the world works - I doubt it - Clinton was the last hope - and the moment he got to power - he screwed it - in both senses of the word.

HOLA442

Miffying me still is that why does most of America suddenly think that because of his colour he will change the whole of US society for 100s of years.

What is really odd though is that as he's of mixed white and black parentage - why the hpye that america has changed - sure only when an American Indian in the senate means that things have really changed?

But since they are in such a minority and down-trodden beyound the forces that the Americans say they are pro - surely only when one of those people as president would truly show a change in the US and its history.

Barak Obama - he's just an excuse for all the problems today faced by the world.

Will he change the way the world works - I doubt it - Clinton was the last hope - and the moment he got to power - he screwed it - in both senses of the word.

Well I suppose he at least doesn't come from the US political aristocracy, which after 20 years of Bush-Clinton can only be a relief I guess. At least it isn't a possible 24 years of Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton (if he ducks fast enough)

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest Steve Cook

He is well read

He understands history

He is a deeply inelligent man

He is from outside the normal political establishment

He is the first man of partial African descent to be president

The American people are suffering and have been suffering for years

They need a hero

Obama represents that heroic figure

His is, I believe, a man of integrity

His strategy is fundamentally wrong.

He will fail

HOLA448
Guest Steve Cook
Am i the only one who thinks the Israeli Gaza thing was hurriedly carried out and completed to everyones 'satisfaction' with Obama's explicit consent.... "just make sure you're finished before I get my crown"

Israel engaged in their genocidal atacks on Gaza because they have an election coming up and there is a significant constituency in the Israeli electorate who cannot be persuaded to come out and vote until they have tasted Palestinain blood.

The Israelis did what they did precisely because they know they can no longer rely on the implicit and sometimes explicit support of the US while Obama is in power.

So, no, I do not believe he was in any way implicted in the giving of consent.

HOLA449

Yeah! the president Obama gonna come along and we all gonna be happy and everyone gonna be smilin all the time and we all gonna be rich, and if he dont do that.... we gonna rip his liver out and fry it front of his face.

It probably goes something like that. Only without the violence and the frying bit.

HOLA4410
He is well read

He understands history

He is a deeply inelligent man

He is from outside the normal political establishment

He is the first man of partial African descent to be president

They need a hero

Obama represents that heroic figure

His is, I believe, a man of integrity

His strategy is fundamentally wrong.

He will fail

very good summary.

HOLA4411

They need a hero

FSVO suffering.

The trouble is, that evokes historical precedents. Germany in 1933 had been suffering for years and needed a charismatic hero. No, I'm not suggesting Obama will follow that path, but if he wants to commit atrocities, he'll get away with them.

The optimistic view is that he can use that charisma for Good Things. The meeja will give him a harder time if he tries that.

I'll reserve judgement.

Archived