House Price Crash Forum

So After Today My Question Is

HOLA441

will the bailout work do we think.

will the sheeple believe the media and all this junk this week about prices near the bottom as there has been loads of it.

will the bailout get the banks and NR lending again at silly levels

have the manadged to stop the crash by throwing money at it once again???

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

not yet the eviction is at 2200.

i think that sheeple will go and buy if they think prices will rise and we may see more transactions now that the banks are lending again but i do think they wont lend as freely as before so we can see slower price reduction thatn the 2% we have been having.

HOLA449

will the sheeple believe the media and all this junk this week about prices near the bottom as there has been loads of it.

Has it worked in the USA? Apparently not.

I guess time will tell, but I have an awful feeling that it's not going to.

Actually, I have no real objection to money going to good businesses (Though little confidence in the governments ability to do so), but I have a real big one to attempting to directly prop up house prices.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

i suppose i was asking for some re-assurance really that they have not re-inflated the bubble as as much as this crash hurts Joe Bloggs i want a house cheaper than what they are today and in 6 months time.

there has been so much i nthe news this week about green shoots etc and all i hear from sheeple is its ok they wont let it get any worse etc

HOLA4412
3 million wont work either

Quote of the day. And as we know, it's at least 6 million 'economically inactive' as we speak.

There simply aren't enough working, tax paying taxpayers to back up these 'taxpayer backed' plans.

It's not hard to do the math is it.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Quote of the day. And as we know, it's at least 6 million 'economically inactive' as we speak.

There simply aren't enough working, tax paying taxpayers to back up these 'taxpayer backed' plans.

It's not hard to do the math is it.

No it doesn't work there is no magic bullet. You cannot lend money at zero cost to the txpayer/economy.

We simply need to work harder in return for less until we recover the mounting losses (so far 1-2 years of GDP). And still they continue to add debt.

This equates to zero net growth for a couple of decades.

HOLA4416

i think he main reason it wont work is because house prices are still way too high.

unfortunatly, house owners are generally the people in power. which means that htey are all pulling together to keep house prices high. The people that cant afford generally have no power. If the goverment had any integrity inatead of baliing banks out, they would aggressivly act to lower house prices and stop multiple property ownership. For a fraction of what they are spending they could pass legislation to dictate the value of a house which provision for variation regarding quality. It would then be illegal to sell higher than that price.

somehow i dont think that would work, and the government would probably value too high, but I would envisage 1 bed flats costing £50k in the south and £20k in the North, and scaling up from there. Making property affordable to everyone from the roof over head basis.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I guess it depends on what you mean by work? I think it might work - in so far as it will potentially stop banks from going under, but I don't think it'll restore crazy lending, nor stop the current fall in house prices.

easing credit won't stop the recession, it might just lessen the severity of the decline.

Simple fact is personal debt in the UK is too high, and needs to reduce, house prices are still to high and have a way to fall yet.

HOLA4419
its not likely to come as a long period of stagnation though is it ?... the economy is recursive and subject to newtons first law..

No we wont see consistant flat growth for consecutive years, we will see a flat or falling consumption trend though. Although obviously there will be lots of ups and downs.

I think it's best described as a kind of post anaerobic phase. It's what happens when you exhaust a source that cannot be replenished for a long period.

i.e. many have sold their future earnings by accumulating large debts.

The scope for selling these future earnings will not be replaced until younger people replace the current heavily endebted working populace. Which takes a long time.

And is way beyond the power of any mere government.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
countdown told it like it is. the one show did something too didn't they? and then watchdog. It's mainstream media now and the sheeple will know it's not going to work.

The sheeple don't care, most have debts (? Yes I know savers are supposed to outnumber debtors by 7:1), they think if the banks fail their mortgages get written off.

No kidding.

Edit - sorry, spelling. Tired of my endless edits.....

Edited by Ted

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest vicmac64

No - indeed today he sealed the fate of sterling and the UK - we are finished now..................

We could never hope to cover the losses of these thieving corrupt bankers.

I have said it before - the markets will fall, the currencies will fall, our economy will fall - the people will be at a total loss... And then they will offer their solution..

This is what is going to happen in my humble opinion.

What do you value - FREEDOM or indebted slavery?

HOLA4424
Guest Steve Cook

No, they have merely increased the chance of it being a monetary inflationary one as opposed to a monetary deflationary one

Reality doesn't change just because you have changed the way you describe it.

Or, to put it another way. Increasing the money supply doesn't make the losses go away. It does, however, dictate who exactly picks up the bill.

Edited by Steve Cook

HOLA4425
No, they have merely increased the chance of it being an monetary inflationary one as opposed to a monetary deflationary one

Reality doesn't change just because you have changed the way you describe it.

Or, to put it another way. Increasing the money supply doesn't make the losses go away. It does, however, dictate who exactly picks up the bill.

cant see this new money going anyware but into the banking system. Their asset losses are absolutley huge. COnsider 110bn of mortgages EVERY MONTH for the last 8 years. Then theres credit card debt, leveraged purchases of worthless financial assets..... too big a hole to fill.