House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
contractor

If Things Weren't Bad Enough

Guest happy?
Apparently our Government has agreed that we should all be forced to pay for our rubbish to be taken away. Not only once through Poll Tax, but now twice through an additional charge.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...-tax-power.html

Grrr.

(Apologies if its already been posted)

I'd be more worried about how much you're being charged to take-away the banks' rubbish.

What do they propose we do? I suggest a good way to protest will be to "dispose" of rubbish by having fires.

Its counter-productive nonsense, I've come to expect nothing less from this government.

What does annoy me though is the way they have added the legislation "quietly", almost as though they don't want people to notice. :angry:

More than 75% of councils across England and Wales have admitted to sending at least some of their recyclable waste to landfill or incinerators, a survey by The Daily Telegraph has revealed.

Does this mean I can throw some glass bottles away? I daren't do it, as i'm worried my landlord will get into trouble for it.

Edited by clubberdude

I'm buying one of those steel dustbin-type incinerators.

Also, a pushbike and one of the really powerful elecromagnets or similar. I'm sure I can find somethg on the net that will kill RFID chips. Then cycle around as many towns as possible late at nihgt nuking the bin chips.

I'll only need to disable a few hundred in each town to make the sysem completely unworkable.

Problem solved.

That said, the chips will probably be placed under the lip at the back. I'm sure any bin without one wont be emptied, so do a few dozen in your street and surrounding area to ensure the binmen get forced by an angry mob to empty them anyway. I figure they'le be attatced with some strong adhesive, but will be easy to remove with a large flat bladed screwdriver or better still on old wide-bladed chisel. (Wear gloves and goggles for safety, and a black tracksuit and a ski-mask because it looks cool. For extra effect spray "BM" on the front and back with green paint.

Edited by TaxAbuserOfTheWeek

Let this all be a lesson to you.

Privatisation of Public Services costs the taxpayer ten times more than it cost all those years ago before privitisation.

And the Councils employ more staff, but do less work as they no longer have directly employed people such as dustbin men.

It a bit like a company giving all the staff a position on the board working 2hrs a week, and bringing in private contractors to do the work they used to do.

Apparently our Government has agreed that we should all be forced to pay for our rubbish to be taken away. Not only once through Poll Tax, but now twice through an additional charge.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...-tax-power.html

Grrr.

(Apologies if its already been posted)

We live in a rented new build flat.... and put our rubbish in one bag, dump it in the bin (or on the ground around the bin - to annoy the 'homeowners') and after the local housing buffs threatened to fine us 10 quid for every bag left outside of the designated bins we are doing it even more.

This is our way to protest.

Vicious we are!

Does this mean I can throw some glass bottles away? I daren't do it, as i'm worried my landlord will get into trouble for it.

For extra credit, you could fill them with petrol and a lit rag and "throw them away" at a bank.

What do they propose we do? I suggest a good way to protest will be to "dispose" of rubbish by having fires.

Its counter-productive nonsense, I've come to expect nothing less from this government.

What does annoy me though is the way they have added the legislation "quietly", almost as though they don't want people to notice. :angry:

I also heard today on Pravda, that if you successfully fight a speeding fine in the courts you will STILL have to pay your costs.

Snuck that one through didnt they?

More Gordon.

What a legacy of mistrust he will leave.

Never mind the economy.

Stand by for punitive taxes. They are going to hit us with hundreds of new ones.

I fear that within a year or two the tax system will be so strict that it will force many people overseas.

Yeah i'm looking at getting overseas in the medium term. Its sad really, as I enjoy my job. I just don't see much of a future in the UK in 5 or so years time.

I could be wrong, but it looks like its gone too far already.

Stand by for punitive taxes. They are going to hit us with hundreds of new ones.

I fear that within a year or two the tax system will be so strict that it will force many people overseas.

i doubt if they will let people leave the country with any money in the next year..people will be allowed to leave, their money will stay here...

I also heard today on Pravda, that if you successfully fight a speeding fine in the courts you will STILL have to pay your costs.

Snuck that one through didnt they?

More Gordon.

What a legacy of mistrust he will leave.

Never mind the economy.

Well if you heard it on what you call 'Pravda', they didn't sneak it through did they? Or it wouldn't have been available on 'Pravda.' Maybe all announcements directly affecting motorists, STR fund holders, renters and savers should be accompanied by a fanfare? :P

Oh and smokers as well. Seems only those who feel picked on or 'victimised,' are allowed a rant. :ph34r:

Edited by deflation

For extra credit, you could fill them with petrol and a lit rag and "throw them away" at a bank.

Just make sure you save some to throw at the council estates - they have swallowed up far more of your tax money than the banks have.

Btw, why lump all banks together - it seems to be the Scottish ones causing the most problems, I would imagine HSBC, Barclays etc would have been happy to see RBS/HBOS fail and reduce their competition and both gave Brown the Meddler the middle finger when he tried to interfere with them...

This is going to be fun. We already need a 24/7 armed guard if we hire a skip. If there's a skip about, the peeps from neighbouring villages come out in their droves to fill it. Easier than bringing it to the local amenities. :angry:

I compost and already recycle as much as I can, but my council is so unclear about what can or cannot be recycled. Recently we have been allowed to recycle small amounts of cardboard. But what on earth does a 'small amount' mean? :huh: One person's small amount isn't another's LOL, so all mine goes in. And then, when you're just trying to do your bit for the environment, you find out that most will end up in landfills anyway. Why do we still bother I wonder when they're just taking the p*ss.

We'll be needing to padlock our bins, that's for sure! <_<

Margaret Moran my local MP certainly will.

Naaaaah, just paint her house number on your bin, and dump it in front of her house on the way to work on collection day. Problem solved.

The council had better charge £200 near me to fund the bodyguards the bin men are going to need.The chavs round here will be out with a baseball bat if 'Chelsie's' mucky pampers don't get taken.