House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Turnbull2000

Landloards Coalition To Fight For Right To Evict Those Who Ask For Repairs

http://www.cieh.org/ehn/ehn3.aspx?id=8538

Landlords have launched an unprecedented behind-the-scenes lobbying campaign to thwart efforts to outlaw retaliatory evictions.

EHN has learnt that the UK’s three professional landlords associations – the Residential Landlords Association, the National Landlords Association and the National Federation of Residential Landlords – have agreed for the first time to pool resources to target decision makers over the coming months.

Lee Dribben, chair of the RLA, said the associations planned to ‘strongly’ lobby the new housing minister, Caroline Flint, and Julie Rugg and David Rhodes of York University, the academics reviewing the private rented sector

What's the betting the government back down? After all, many MPs are also BTL landlords.

I thought it was iffy when Caroline Flint got mentioned, she was moved on months ago.

That article is dated 22nd Feb 2008. Things have changed and a tenant is something to be cherished now, isn't it?

I thought it was iffy when Caroline Flint got mentioned, she was moved on months ago.

That article is dated 22nd Feb 2008. Things have changed and a tenant is something to be cherished now, isn't it?

Ach, so it is. It was listed on the newsfeed, so I assumed it was fresh.

I guess they did manage to kill it off then, otherwise we would surely have heard something by now?

What a bunch of greedy scumbags for considering it. I agree with the karma bit.

Hmm. Why not import the most vicious termites and woodworm, and let them loose on your rented accommodation if you have some shylock landlord like that?

How did we come to this people? How has Britain become such an awful, greedy, ugly, and soulless sess pit?

I say let them evict. Sure it's a pain for the renter, but if they have any sense they'll just go and find a better landlord. Meanwhile the nastier landlords can just sit there with empty properties and pay their own mortgage.