House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vaevictus

Gbp/eur Today

With all the goings on today I was expecting sterling to take a battering, yet it was hardly affected.

Anyone care to take a stab as to why?

Personally, I think that there must be some really bad news about to come out of the Eurowone!

With all the goings on today I was expecting sterling to take a battering, yet it was hardly affected.

Personally, I think that there must be some really bad news about to come out of the Eurowone!

cos the euro took a battering too. check other sterling crosses

Brown and RBS vs the PIGS

Portugal

Itay

Greece

Spain

the pigs are just a giant UK / Iceland

true, but they do a better sausage than iceland.

But on the downside the women are all hairy, and spit at the english shouting pieeeeeeg.

For that reasion i'm out.

The euro is a fake blown up bubble.

They know they need to cut rates more (eurozone) but they are trying to keep a strong currencie. FALSE ECONOMY/FALSE CURRENCY

you will see what happens to £ by the end of march it will have no place to hide..browns QE will be out in the open by then,all this bail out money is coming from QE nowhere else..just like all uk bank's shares the pound will fall..end of march or before the time is coming very near now..

you will see what happens to £ by the end of march it will have no place to hide..browns QE will be out in the open by then,all this bail out money is coming from QE nowhere else..just like all uk bank's shares the pound will fall..end of march or before the time is coming very near now..

Absolutely correct. I'm ready and waiting for this moment ;)

Brown and RBS vs the PIGS

Portugal

Itay

Greece

Spain

the pigs are just a giant UK / Iceland

I know it's easy to dismiss them, but Ireland are included. Its PIIGS. An acronym in use for nearly a year now and I must have seen 100 examples of it being quoted as something a bit more tasty, admittedly.

It was going to be parity on Jan 14th wasn't it?? <_<

ZZZZZZZZ

God, you are BORING.

So now it's back to the end of march for parity, is it?

What happened to parity on January the 14th?

MUPPET

cos the euro took a battering too. check other sterling crosses

GBP dropped a bit against the CHF today but not much. I don't think the Swiss want the CHF to increase too much against the euro though - these 2 seem slightly linked together.

Spain's credit rating was downgraded. Isn't that bad enough?

GBP/USD has been testing 52 week lows for most of the day. If it breaches the support level at 1.444 or thereabouts, it could mark the start of a major move downwards for the sterling...

PS: Mods, could you possibly freeze my post count??

Edited by thirdwave

The euro has had a bad day, losing almost three whole cents against the dollar.

I think for the immediate future, sterling and the euro are going to be like two drunken old women pulling each other's hair in the gutter outside the gin-house, each one to weak to gain any visible advantage over the other clapped-out old hag. There might be a slight advantage for Madame Euro, because she is slightly bigger, though this could make it an even harder fall for her when she takes a head dive onto the concrete.

RB says he thinks that cable is going to be in the $1.45 to $1.55 range, but for the life of me right now I can only see it moving in one direction, slowly down towards the mid-30s.