House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sleepless

Pro Darling Post

Given that were are in the deepest mire, given that he is a politician, watching this crisis unfold, I get the impression Darling is sincere in trying to do his level best with the poison challice Brown has shafted him with. He could easily walk away saying don't look at me mate I've only just got here.

Given that were are in the deepest mire, given that he is a politician, watching this crisis unfold, I get the impression Darling is sincere in trying to do his level best with the poison challice Brown has shafted him with. He could easily walk away saying don't look at me mate I've only just got here.

oh please

he's spouting nonsense like if we dont act it will be worse without pointing out that his actions make it worse. he knows what he's doing and he's lying and putting us in the sh!t

If I was Darling, and aware of the sh!tstorm ahead, I'd step down now, blame the previous chancellor, sell my memoirs and go live in Switzerland for a few years whilst waiting for the mother of all recessions to pass.

I agree.

He's like a country bumpkin or something, I even feel sorry for him. He's got an enormous problem to go at and no espertise, no tools and no toolbox. In fact he''s priobably holding a limp fish, maybe a hailbut or flounder.

Mr Deeds without the happy ending.

For darling to regain my respect now he'd have to go to the podium alongside brown, unleash a wet haddock, and play a version of bullsh!t bingo. One slap for every time:

Right thing to do

America

Hard working

Families

Lending

Alternatively just every time he breathes.

He certainly appears a more palatable human being than his boss.

Edited by shindigger

Conspiracy theory says it is all deliberate - a party that has always wanted to nationalise banks has engineered the only scenario where it could control everything, whilst blaming all others.

He could walk, he could show he is a man of principle acting in the public interest, but he chooses not to.

I am inclined to agree.

From a standing start Darling has learnt more about economics in a year than GB has in nearly two decades as shadow/chancellor. Darling has clearly been listening carefully to Merv et al, and has allowed a succesful (given the circumstances) set of policies to be put into place, largely modelled on the Nordic financial crises.

I am expecting our Ally to do a full-on Geoffrey Howe to GB as just recompense for GB dumping on him while simultaneously taking credit for AD's successful crisis management - I think it could be very entertaining.

angry-mob.png

Burn the heretic!

Seriously though, he strikes me as harmless enough in his own way but totally utterly out of his depth. Let's face it he only got the job because it was all going to go to shit and Gordon's little pal Ed the B***ocks didn't want anything to do with it.

I think the best thing AD ever did was to shave his beard off.

Flame! Flame! Flame! Flame! Flame! Flame! Flame! Flame!

What else could he do ?

Plenty - stop spending money on war, ID cards, databases, consultants and all the other non essential crap. Cut out the top heavy public sector management.

Let the worst of the banks go to the wall. Save only the strongest, and make them pay towards protecting depositors in the other institutions. Slash bonuses in nationalised banks and get some new management in.

Instead the idiot has put the tax payer on the hook for the entire losses, and attempted to re-start the irresponsible lending that got us into this mess. This is how you bankrupt a country. Absolute insanity.

There was a rumour AD was going to resign a couple of months ago

But if he had what impact would that have had on the markets?

I'm not sure if he's a decent man or not but he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't

He's a Muppet for taking the job on under Brown in the first place

What else could he do ?

Plenty - stop spending money on war, ID cards, databases, consultants and all the other non essential crap. Cut out the top heavy public sector management.

Let the worst of the banks go to the wall. Save only the strongest, and make them pay towards protecting depositors in the other institutions. Slash bonuses in nationalised banks and get some new management in.

Instead the idiot has put the tax payer on the hook for the entire losses, and attempted to re-start the irresponsible lending that got us into this mess. This is how you bankrupt a country. Absolute insanity.

facking double ditto to that esp the first bits....