House Price Crash Forum
r thritis

Bbc 1pm News - Council Tax Increase Is Bad News For 'homeowners'

The 1pm news just reported that council tax increases are bad news for homeowners. Isn't it equally bad news for tenants? Sorry I was forgetting that only 'homeowners' are real people and tenants are some sort of irrelevant underclass.

The 1pm news just reported that council tax increases are bad news for homeowners. Isn't it equally bad news for tenants? Sorry I was forgetting that only 'homeowners' are real people and tenants are some sort of irrelevant underclass.

I think tenants are "not me mate., that's the old guy. I'm Dave Smith, not Joe bloggs."

I think the AST is all you need to demonstrate what this Government think of us tenants <_<

although I suppose it means "MORE" bad news for homeowners tennants havent got anywhere near as much to worry about

Apart from having their hard earned deposit rendered irrelevant by quantitative easing, being turfed out of their home with two months notice, and generally being treated like second class citizens...

Renters = Filthy Hun weasels fighting their dirty underhand war!

Homeowners = Splendid fellows, brave heroes, risking life and limb for Blighty!

:)

Home owners = banks.

Homeowners = debtors.

Renters = Rich vultures waiting to pounce on credit crunch victims

Homeowners = Struggling mortgage holders who bravely keep the economy going by owing lots of money

:lol:

I've got a better one though:

Renters = Shafted

Homeowners = Shafted

I think tenants are "not me mate., that's the old guy. I'm Dave Smith, not Joe bloggs."

Is this where the tax revolt might kick off?