House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

awf

Stop Brown!

I can't understand why Gorgonzola Clown is getting away with doublespeak. He makes grandios speaches about how the banks have been irrisponsible with there lending, then he tells them here's some more cash, lend, lend, lend - in front of journalists and the public and journos don't question it they just go and write what he said.

If I was a CEO of a major investment or high street bank right now I'd be majorly p!ssed off. I'd want to call a press conference of my own and debunk all of his statements with lines like this:

"Our Prime Minister is angry that we have lent irresponsibly... can the Prime Minister define what he means by irresponsible?"

"Does the Prime Minister want us to be regulated, cautious to who be lend money and make sure they can pay, or does he want us to relax rules, lend all the money he gives us and go easy when it can't be paid back?"

I'd call on him to stop using spin and righteous indignation and present cold hard facts. Heck, I'd even allocate some of the marketing budget to run advertisement campaign on TV and Internet calling for the Prime Minister to stop being an a.sshat.

Any better ideas?

If I was a CEO of a major investment or high street bank right now I'd be majorly p!ssed off. I'd want to call a press conference of my own and debunk all of his statements with lines like this:

Mr Brown and his government are "owned" by said CEO's so not going to happen!

Mr Brown and his government are "owned" by said CEO's so not going to happen!

Then how come they've allowed him to nationalise them? Surely it would be better just to have the money and no government interference if they are that in control.