House Price Crash Forum

Monetary Union Has Left Half Of Europe Trapped In Depression

HOLA441

I have too disagree, having a far superior mind, the EU monetary system is going to save most EU nations. Many reasons the most important the transparacy in its economic situation not like umm UK, the UK is in a far worse situation, most british press economists seem to be doing a Houdenny, diverting attention from the UK too Europe, look at the number of british banks owned by UK gov, compared to the number of EU banks owned by each state. Yer sure some southern states have debt problems, but they do also have industries that still sell in reccessions, not like some northern nations.

Events are moving fast in Europe. The worst riots since the fall of Communism have swept the Baltics and the south Balkans. An incipient crisis is taking shape in the Club Med bond markets. S&P has cut Greek debt to near junk. Spanish, Portuguese, and Irish bonds are on negative watch.

Dublin has nationalised Anglo Irish Bank with its half-built folly on North Wall Quay and €73bn (£65bn) of liabilities, moving a step nearer the line where markets probe the solvency of the Irish state.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment...depression.html

HOLA442

its not about paper money as thats beginning to lose its meaning. its about resources and infrastructure.

its about who has the coal gas rail road water nuclear power self sufficient production independence.

they have it. we dont. we have failed banking scams and no industrial infrastructure.

even japan exported products all over the world and they still took a decade to re-set.

we might have pharma technology and the like, and 'aston martins' and a little airbus,

but not much else that i can clearly see being exported from the uk in droves.

even the usa has muscle power to work its way out, and americans know how to work and they to me, seemed dedicated.

they take 1 week off per year. theres a skateboard waster culture among the young, but nothing like our own crime hoodie drinking chav culture.

we seem little better than iceland once the obvious happens.

then i think we will get a tidal wave of inflation, i have no doubt about it.

instead of using the 200 bill and the previous billions to support daft loans to idiots, they could have turned this country around industrially. can you imagine what kind of high end research and education and health that could have bought.

instead its gone to the most parasitic and least productive members of our society.

HOLA443
its not about paper money as thats beginning to lose its meaning. its about resources and infrastructure.

its about who has the coal gas rail road water nuclear power self sufficient production independence.

they have it. we dont. we have failed banking scams and no industrial infrastructure.

even japan exported products all over the world and they still took a decade to re-set.

we might have pharma technology and the like, and 'aston martins' and a little airbus,

even the usa has muscle power to work its way out, and americans know how to work and they to me, seemed dedicated.

they take 1 week off per year. theres a skateboard waster culture among the young, but nothing like our own crime hoodie drinking chav culture.

we seem little better than iceland once the obvious happens.

then i think we will get a tidal wave of inflation, i have no doubt about it.

instead of using the 200 bill and the previous billions to support daft loans to idiots, they could have turned this country around industrially. can you imagine what kind of high end research and education and health that could have bought.

instead its gone to the most parasitic and least productive members of our society.

you can't blame the people on benefits, the blame lays with labour, on may grounds from benefits to housing policies, ie no social housing.

Social housing provides motivation too work, bring down local taxation.

Edited by crash2006

HOLA444
you can't blame the people on benefits, the blame lays with labour, on may grounds from benefits to housing policies, ie no social housing.

I think the facts would show the opposite to be true.

in countries with little social housing, the work ethic seems to be a lot stronger.

needing to pay for a roof over your head provides a good deal of motivation to your job seeking.

as for the OP, did you mean Houdini?

HOLA445

Well no one gives a shit about the UK, and why should they. If you want to get on and survive roll your sleeves up and get on with it. the world owes you absolutley nothing and your existence is no more precious than that of anyone else on this planet. Stop looking to blame and effing well make a difference.

HOLA446

What?

People stay at home now on benefits because getting of their backsides and doing a 40 hour week will only make them a few quid better off. I can see why they do it, whats the point in putting in 40hrs for an extra £50 if you can get the same money to do what you want all day?

Labour have caused this by supporting the lazy.

Another example, look at prisons in the middle east or thailand or other places. Harsh environments, terrible conditions little food and no priveledges. A real punishment for crime. There is no one that wants to go back inside so when they get released there are few repeat offenders.

Look at our prisons, not only do the not deter repeat offenders but we have feckless morons commiting crimes to get back in!

HOLA447

I think you are right. Imagine if we spent on nuclear reactors what we are spending on bailing out banks. I believe the electrical generation capacity of the UK is 60 gigawatts. Which is the equivilant of 38 of France's Areva EPR 1600MW reactors. Cost per reactor for arguments sake £3.5 billion each. To make our entire grid with modern nuclear plant: cost £133 billion. In 60 years we'd have to do some maintenance to extend the life of them.

I like our pharmacuetical industry and its a good example the type of real value creating industry we need more of in the future.

HOLA448
I like our pharmacuetical industry and its a good example the type of real value creating industry we need more of in the future.

What, hugely over-regulated and massively reliant on taxpayer funds, either directly through NHS purchasing or indirectly through patents?

You're right about the reactors, though giving all that money to the French to build them might not be such a good plan; shame Britain abandoned its nuclear engineering know-how in favor of building silly windmills.

HOLA449
What, hugely over-regulated and massively reliant on taxpayer funds, either directly through NHS purchasing or indirectly through patents?

The thought of an under-regulated Pharmaceutical sector is mind-boggling - literally in the case of certain medicines ...

Edited by Wires 74

HOLA4410

Working long hours doesn't necessarily mean more productive. After spending a week working alongside Americans in the 1990s at a Texas facility I rapidly came to the conclusion they were considerably lazier due to the presentism effect (work expands to fit the day). Some even had TVs tuned to daytime crap on their desks.

Edited by greencat

HOLA4411

How exactly does getting a house you dont have to pay for motivate you to work?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

You're right about the reactors, though giving all that money to the French to build them might not be such a good plan; shame Britain abandoned its nuclear engineering know-how in favor of building silly windmills.

actually they don't 'build' windmills , i believe they are imported from Germany?

i don't think wind is the future anyway , solar is a better option.fewer moving parts.they need to pump more money in to solar.

HOLA4416