House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheEmperorHasNoClothes

Auctions For 2009

Hi All

I am building a free auction information site. The motivation to do so is a mixture of my enjoyment of building websites, my own curiousity about auctions and to provide a good service to other people looking towards auctions as a potential place to buy property.

It includes information such as the dates of coming auctions, links to all UK auction houses and will eventually (hopefully) have a property search.

The information on the site will always be free.

I've seen so many auction portal sites do a poor job - even at just listing coming auction dates and hopefully I can offer something a bit better.

If you want to contribute an article or blog post then let me know :-). I'm not experience at auctions so from an article point-of-view it would be good to get articles from more seasons auction-goers.

See: http://ukauctions.org.uk/

Cool, good work!

Will you be providing definitive info for dummies like me, or solid trusted confident links, on the auction process, within your help and advice section?

I've read mixed stories and info from several sources about auctions, so my confidence isn't 100%.

Cool, good work!

Will you be providing definitive info for dummies like me, or solid trusted confident links, on the auction process, within your help and advice section?

I've read mixed stories and info from several sources about auctions, so my confidence isn't 100%.

A bit of both really I think. I want the advice to be good and unbiased. Hence why I am probably not going to write the articles, but get people with experience in the industry to write them.

p.s. Mezmorising Avatar!

Can't you add a link here?

Yes I have now thanks (although before I read this post!).

And I have started to add articles to the site, aimed at beginners. See http://ukauctions.org.uk/help-and-advice/.

I would really like some "real-life-experience" articles, someones first time bidding / winning at auction etc. Hopefully I'll find someone. No one I know has bidded at a property auction :-(. I reckon it will be more mainstream in future, especially as eBay has got many ordinary people used to the auction concept.

Yes I have now thanks (although before I read this post!).

And I have started to add articles to the site, aimed at beginners. See http://ukauctions.org.uk/help-and-advice/.

I would really like some "real-life-experience" articles, someones first time bidding / winning at auction etc. Hopefully I'll find someone. No one I know has bidded at a property auction :-(. I reckon it will be more mainstream in future, especially as eBay has got many ordinary people used to the auction concept.

Excellent, I'm joining asap