House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
50%deposit

Great Access

ive been looking at this whilst quietly crying to myself about my crappy life, and i dont think it has access to a road? Am I right? Look at the map. Also, thoughts on property in general apreciated

Map You might need to zoom in and look at satlite view

http://www.romans.co.uk/details.asp?displa...ySelected=20153

Property

http://www.romans.co.uk/details.asp?property_id=20153

I was thinking i could offer £100k or even £50k

i dont understand how anyone could forget to build a road up to a house, or a house on a road.....

Edited by 50%deposit

I always took 2requiring modernisation" to be along the lines of fitting double glazing, putting in central heating, bringing the electrics, gas and water up to modern legal standards.

I never thought it meant taking a property back from being a squatted crack den.

Looks like footpath access only (not that uncommon). Hence the dense row of parked cars, which are parked on every space, pavement and patch of grass next to the access road to the south of the house.

would you be able to do most of the work yourself?

i looks like a dog alright but i guess it just might be possible to get a really, really big price cut. fifty grand just might be a goer... 'one off's are definitely where you're most likely to see 'unsual' pricing.

any idea on who the seller is?

I always took 2requiring modernisation" to be along the lines of fitting double glazing, putting in central heating, bringing the electrics, gas and water up to modern legal standards.

I never thought it meant taking a property back from being a squatted crack den.

hhhhmmm, but what i want to confirm is that it does not have a road? maybe thats why there is no front photo shot? because there is no front?

would you be able to do most of the work yourself?

i looks like a dog alright but i guess it just might be possible to get a really, really big price cut. fifty grand just might be a goer... 'one off's are definitely where you're most likely to see 'unsual' pricing.

any idea on who the seller is?

i would do everythin myself. Everything being sweeping up the crap in the kitchen. Over the years i might do more. thinking about joining the rooms up as its only me. I just want to live someplace where i dont HAVE to work ever again. £50k would be convenient. But the parking might drive me mad. I live in a 1/2 person house that has a 2 car drive, which is nice for parking, feels like the bat cave, so many places I go you have to park 1/2 a mile away. But for £50k cash, right there and then, it wouldn't be the worst place to be.

Looks like footpath access only (not that uncommon). Hence the dense row of parked cars, which are parked on every space, pavement and patch of grass next to the access road to the south of the house.

thats what it looks like to me but i was unsure what with the arrow pointing to the middle of the Great Park when you first click on the map.

yeah, you can see that all of that terrace, not just the end house, appear to be footpath access only [see the cars parked, as already said]. i've seen it often enough, it's not such a bad thing.

Edited by the flying pig

hhhhmmm, but what i want to confirm is that it does not have a road? maybe thats why there is no front photo shot? because there is no front?

I bet it's seen loads of tracks. But yep looks as if it doesn't have a road. Smack/Crackheads don't really commute though. They just walk fast :-)

(7 mins 30 into this if you want to know the answer)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tu_PZa6FHjw