House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mega

Peter H, There Are No "poor"

Try telling that to the thousands of old people who die every year because they can't afford to heat their homes probably. Or the farm worker down the road who can't sleep at night because his caravan keeps icing up inside because the floor is falling through. This guy's demented. I met him once and couldn't decide whether he was insane, evil, or both. A nasty piece of work whose life seems to be dominated by an eternal feud with his left-wing brother.

Try telling that to the thousands of old people who die every year because they can't afford to heat their homes probably. Or the farm worker down the road who can't sleep at night because his caravan keeps icing up inside because the floor is falling through. This guy's demented. I met him once and couldn't decide whether he was insane, evil, or both. A nasty piece of work whose life seems to be dominated by an eternal feud with his left-wing brother.

Saw this this morning. Some people are just twossers. I bet his brother is better looking and has more success with the laydees too. Very Oedipal.

hes right.

i like they way he describes Labour as striving to Level Down. Makes sense.

And further, hes right again, the poor today are only poor from th perspective of life style acivity. ie, sitting in front of TV and standing about aimlessly in the streets. In otherwords, the poor are poor because they have shhiit for brains. The middle class are better off because they strive to better themselves.

True, the government hates that.

rubbish.

show me one person that freezes to death that doesn't have a tv because the tv licence went to heating? Old people die. fact. cold weather is just the trigger. England is cold.

your example of the farmer is ridiculous. if he cant afford a home then hes not really a farmer is he, hes part of the unemployed.

the point is, in real poverty, people dont have the choice. if youe farmer is too proud to live in a bedsit paid by the dole then thats his problem.

rubbish.

show me one person that freezes to death that doesn't have a tv because the tv licence went to heating? Old people die. fact. cold weather is just the trigger. England is cold.

your example of the farmer is ridiculous. if he cant afford a home then hes not really a farmer is he, hes part of the unemployed.

the point is, in real poverty, people dont have the choice. if youe farmer is too proud to live in a bedsit paid by the dole then thats his problem.

But that's like saying there are no "rich" in this country, because the sh1t of a member of the The House of Saud is worth more than them. i.e. ******.

People in the UK are poor because they went to work

The best position to be in today, is a council or social housing property, four kids, unemployed.

Sad but True.

The best position to be in today, is a council or social housing property, four kids, unemployed.

Sad but True.

Agreed, the moral of the tale, dont work, dont save, just breed, breed, breed

Sad but True.

If however you are a single person and not yet a pensioner you have virtually no chance of a council house and will get the maximum period of two years in a run-down hostel if you are lucky.

I agree with all you say. I get intensely pissed off with the use of the word "poverty" in relation to anyone living in the UK. It's usually used by politicians or "campaigners" to push their own aganda.

The meaning of the word in official circles has been perverted away from its true meaning, which is a statement of an absolute, to being a relative description of people who fall below a certain level of income or wealth in relation to the average. People with vested interests in "poverty" prefer this definition because it means that there will always be some people who fall into it, regardless of how wealthy they are.

To say that anyone lives a life of poverty in the UK today is entirely wrong. It's use is, to my mind, an insult to people in the World who really do live in real poverty.