House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
the anti krust

Bbc Radio 5 Sunday Jan 18 7:00pm To 8:00pm

Andrew Verity looks at the economic prospects for 2009 including how inflation, unemployment and businesses will fare as the downturn continues.

Looks like it's on for an hour, might be worth a listen.

Looks like it's on for an hour, might be worth a listen.

Either that or we just say "bleak" and find something else to do for 59 mins and 58.5 secs .....

I personally find Fivelive business reports, IMPO, to be very pro EAs and talking up house prices - i.e. that, IMPO, shameful plug for EAs on the Victoria Derbyshire, yawn, programme last week.

I often listen to Fivelive from about 5 in the morning and it usually takes Nicky Campbell to wade in and balance things up otherwise, IMPO, you could get the impression that they all have big BTL portfolios or are related to EAs? Didn't one of their presenters admit in the last week or so that he had lost a lot of money on BTL?

Nicky Campbell, Peter Allan, Sheila Liverpudlian Fogarty and Rhod Sharp are very good. I tend to switch off when others come on now though.

I personally find Fivelive business reports, IMPO, to be very pro EAs and talking up house prices - i.e. that, IMPO, shameful plug for EAs on the Victoria Derbyshire, yawn, programme last week.

I often listen to Fivelive from about 5 in the morning and it usually takes Nicky Campbell to wade in and balance things up otherwise, IMPO, you could get the impression that they all have big BTL portfolios or are related to EAs? Didn't one of their presenters admit in the last week or so that he had lost a lot of money on BTL?

Nicky Campbell, Peter Allan, Sheila Liverpudlian Fogarty and Rhod Sharp are very good. I tend to switch off when others come on now though.

It was Stephen Nolan who lost money-

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=99863

I find them always talking up house prices too.

It will be interesting to see if they have changed their tune about the situation, given recent events.

Always seem to be talking about themselves as well. BBC this that and the other, like the John Seargent dancing business ffs.

Do enjoy up all night with Rhod Sharp though, very good presenter.

Her and that **** Julian Warricker couldn't be more Labour if they were in the Cabinet. They spent ages with Browns former henchman - what was his name? Fat git, resigned with Dolly Draper - on their show, mostly just undermining anything the Tories said and dismissing them as not having a clue.

It's no surprise that she made such a tit of herself lying about Mastermind. I'd not be at all surprised if she's a VI.

Guest sillybear2

What's with the current Brumie guy reading from a prepared statement from Labour party HQ? :blink:

Can't agree with you on Peter Allan. His sidekick Anita is OK but he's an idiot. Trots out prejudicial clichés all the time on science, sport, food, anything and everything really.

Edited by deflation

Guest sillybear2
I liked the txt from the bloke who thought house builders should be nationalised and houses sold just above cost ;)

Yeah, what a commie ;)

Can't agree with you on Peter Allan. His sidekick Anita is OK but he's an idiot. Trots out prejudicial clichés all the time on science, sport, food, anything and everything really.

He tried to grill me in a live interview once, he's not bright.

The Taxi driver on the way in was considering selling his BTL's

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Old Wall Street saying (from 1929)

"When even the shoeshine boy is giving stock tips (or the barber/hairdresser or the taxi driver or the waiter or the bartender), then it’s time to sell" :lol::lol:

Old Wall Street saying (from 1929)

"When even the shoeshine boy is giving stock tips (or the barber/hairdresser or the taxi driver or the waiter or the bartender), then it’s time to sell" :lol::lol:

Just readling "The Great Crash 1929" by JK Galbraith.

Astonishing how history repeats, yet in a slightly morphed form.

One of the reasons mentioned in the book, that was uses to justify high stock prices in the late 20's, was the "shortage of stocks".

:blink::blink:

Does that sound familiar?