House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
red

Buy Now Before It's Too Late!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/jan/1...ossession-money

Monkey number one:

Danny Innes, 42, a chartered surveyor from London, reckons there is already evidence in the auction rooms of a recovery in prices. He points to some new-build flats in Lewisham, south-east London, that went under the hammer at £141,000, 12% more than the £127,000 they were fetching three months ago, although still well below their original £215,000 asking price.

"I think the market has only another 5% to fall. When liquidity starts to flow next year, things will improve," says Innes.

Monkey number two:

Auctioneers say waiting for further falls could be a mistake. They are ahead of the market, the argument goes, and are already seeing prices bottoming out. "I know in my gut that some of these aren't going any lower," says Chris Coleman-Smith, head of residential auctions at Savills.

I am expecting many more such simian claims over the next few months...

monkeys.jpg

post-278-1232284750_thumb.jpg

Edited by red

Guest skullingtonjoe
These monkey's are talking apesh1t imo .......

They`ve been speaking to old minger Beckett it would seem :(

I think it's in line with a general New Year type optimism for house prices to experience a temporary relief from their downward trajectory.

However, I also believe that such optimism is unfounded and unsustainable and that very soon we will see this flurry of activity on the buy-side dematerialise into the wishful thinking that it always was.

when everyone who has something to gain by you getting into unsustainable debt to buy a house.

say buy a house...

thats the time NOT to buy a house......

Edited by the-sign-jacker

Demand is building up, it has to be.

The normal amount of people who want to move or buy etc is still there, but they cant cos of money supply when that eases people will buy again.

And these people who are forced to wait are amassing bigger deposits too. At some point the market will get back to normal (not the last 5 years abnormal) thats why I think prices may not fall much more but just level off and stay that way for a decade or more.

On the other hand I am particularly shit at predicting future events :)