House Price Crash Forum
Guest LongBlackKilt

Psycho-bankers

"The problem is, that because of performance measures you are not going to succeed if you produce a portfolio that is well risk managed."

This twit will soon be out of a job, whereas, mr careful and non risk is the king of the castle now. and investors wont be hearing things like "your cash fund actually bought into MBS so we could reward you, and oh, youve lost 20% of your SAFE investment".

We all seen TV drama's about the sort of thrusting w4nkers in the City who've now driven us to the edge.

Well here's a checklist psychiatrists use to determine if a patient is a psychopath.

Wow, I'm so envious of those smart cool bankers. I wish I was one. But then again I'm not a psychopath so that counts me out.

Life must be great working in derivatives : Log normal diffusion pattern in one hand, buzzing chain saw in the other.

Edited by Dave Spart

Investment is a serious activity and people involved should be looking to manage investments in a depressive state of mind, recognising the reality and risk of loss.

This is my favourite line in the article ...... I think a lot of them are in a "depressive state of mind" now ....

We all seen TV drama's about the sort of thrusting w4nkers in the City who've now driven us to the edge.

Well here's a checklist psychiatrists use to determine if a patient is a psychopath.

Wow, I'm so envious of those smart cool bankers. I wish I was one. But then again I'm not a psychopath so that counts me out.

Life must be great working in derivatives : Log normal diffusion pattern in one hand, buzzing chain saw in the other.

This bit from the Wiki entry you referenced certainly seems to cover the traits of many City people .... No wonder that they build lap dancing clubs close to where bankers work ....

Personality "Aggressive narcissism"

Glibness/superficial charm

Grandiose sense of self-worth

Pathological lying

Cunning/manipulative

Lack of remorse or guilt

Shallow affect

Callous/lack of empathy

Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Promiscuous sexual behavior

Edited by LuckyOne

This bit from the Wiki entry you referenced certainly seems to cover the traits of many City people .... No wonder that they build lap dancing clubs close to where bankers work ....

Yep, and if the meek are to inherit the earth they'd better wise up sharpish:

http://www.amazon.com/Snakes-Suits-When-Ps...k/dp/0060837721

For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.

Edited by Dave Spart

So why is being psycopathic still regarded as being a disorder when it clearly comes with it's advantages of high paying job opportunities. So you top the odd broad in the nighttime, who cares?

So why is being psycopathic still regarded as being a disorder when it clearly comes with it's advantages of high paying job opportunities. So you top the odd broad in the nighttime, who cares?

Edited for tense .....

So why was being psychopathic regarded as being a disorder when it clearly came with its advantages of high paying job opportunities?

The days of the prima donna, psychopathic trader getting their way by bullying all and sundry are over.

Edited by LuckyOne

Its a disorder becuase while the psychopath thrives they do so at the highly destructive expense of others, leaving many many lives entirely shattered, without the slighest bit of remorse.

Their victims lives are severely damaged (rape victims, those surviving attempted murder, defrauding of life savings etc) assuming of course they survive the psychopaths attentions at all.

Edited by Dave Spart

Ambition without morality is treatable

but me thinks average humanity is millennia away from seeing the need

however a few well placed bullets would do in the interim, perhaps?

The days of the prima donna, psycopathic trader getting their way by bullying all and sundry are over.

Lets hope so.

I hope the banks now take stock of the psychological assets and liabilities in their organisations as well as their financial ones.

The psychopaths (collectively "The Sith") have had their fun and they've ruined it for everyone in the process. Lets hope they are rooted out and removed for the sake of the public.

Edited by Dave Spart

Ambition without morality is treatable

but me thinks average humanity is millennia away from seeing the need

however a few well placed bullets would do in the interim, perhaps?

I know some people in Jakarta.

Its a disorder becuase while the psychopath thrives they do so at the highly destructive expense of others, leaving many many lives entirely shattered, without the slighest bit of remorse.

Their victims lives are severely damaged (rape victims, those surviving attempted murder, defrauding of life savings etc) assuming of course they survive the psychopaths attentions at all.

Well said.

There is a real danger now that some of these 'personalities' from the City might explode or implode now that they no longer have the day to day venting of their personalities through greed, money and power.

The ones who will implode will be the ones who, now they have time to pause and reflect, will realise what sh*ts they are and the implosion will take many forms from depression to break-down to suicide and all in between.

The ones who explode, well, you can work out the dangers here yourselves.

The state of mind, which is a normal part of infant development, involves repressing negative thoughts and focusing exclusively on a positive outcome, however unlikely. The dominance of this aspect of fund managers’ characters makes them more detached from reality than other adults.

Isn't this the ultimate goal of any business development crap that is usually served in a form of a £10K course or a £39.99 book.

An interesting question from someone whose avatar is that of a fictional psychopath who was expelled from the planet of Krypton for being criminally insane.

Well said.

There is a real danger now that some of these 'personalities' from the City might explode or implode now that they no longer have the day to day venting of their personalities through greed, money and power.

The ones who will implode will be the ones who, now they have time to pause and reflect, will realise what sh*ts they are and the implosion will take many forms from depression to break-down to suicide and all in between.

The ones who explode, well, you can work out the dangers here yourselves.

I hope that there is redemption for some. Some of the people losing their jobs are bright and capable. Some of them have such large personality disorders that they cannot survive outside an environment which fosters their behaviour. I think that some of the least infected ones might be able to become useful, productive people again.

My hopes rest with those who were not reckless with their (or other people's) money who now find themselves with the time and the money to do something lower paid but much more useful.

I hope that there is redemption for some. Some of the people losing their jobs are bright and capable. Some of them have such large personality disorders that they cannot survive outside an environment which fosters their behaviour. I think that some of the least infected ones might be able to become useful, productive people again.

My hopes rest with those who were not reckless with their (or other people's) money who now find themselves with the time and the money to do something lower paid but much more useful.

Life lessons... life lessons.

Life lessons... life lessons.

The pace and the scale of the bubble in the last decade has meant that there are a lot of people in banks in charge of large businesses who have not had the time to learn the valuable life lessons.

Now that we have entered the crash phase, the lack of life lessons is certainly being exposed ......

An interesting question from someone whose avatar is that of a fictional psychopath who was expelled from the planet of Krypton for being criminally insane.

Well Zod himself could have made president. Those do gooders on Krypton were merely afraid of his potential. His manifesto was very practical IMHO.

Yep, and if the meek are to inherit the earth they'd better wise up sharpish:

To pinch a line from Jasper Carrott:

"The meek shall inherit the earth ; that's alright with me, I don't want any aggro from the meek."

db

The days of the prima donna, psychopathic trader getting their way by bullying all and sundry are over.

Temporarily suspended only.

Human memories are very short, or we would never swallow the line, "This time it's different."

db

Guest sillybear2
Edited for tense .....

So why was being psychopathic regarded as being a disorder when it clearly came with its advantages of high paying job opportunities?

Because you tend to destroy things (capital, in this case) and the people around you, on a personal level it might be fun but for society as a whole having such people in positions of power is costly, chaotic and disruptive. Hence bonus grabbing lending practices then a massive collapse which then goes on to cost innocent people their jobs and their homes.