House Price Crash Forum

Forum Rules

worzel

HOLA441

Itc could be just me, but it seems that the forum rules as published are not the ones being enforeced. This topic puts me clearly in breach of the following rule

PUBLIC QUESTIONING OF MODERATORS DECISIONS

Whilst we try to be as open as possible in the moderation of the forums, the moderators do not have the time to enter into public debate over the rights and wrongs of every moderating decision. Any posts questioning a moderators decision, or the forum rules, will be deleted.

But I think this needs to be brought up in the main forum where the majority of people actually spend their time.

There are a number of other rules that are blatantly ignored e.g.

No posting of copyrighted material. THIS INCLUDES COPYING AND PASTING NEWS ARTICLES FROM NEWS WEBSITES.

Always treat fellow posters with respect and courtesy.

No irritating posting styles, including use of all caps and excessive punctuation.

No impersonation of other users.

I appreciate that this is probably annoying for the mods, but a forum where the rules are not observed and some topics seem to be selectively being moved OT just undermines the workings of the site. So apologies in advance, but some expanation from either members or mods if they have time would be greatly appreciated, I am certain that I cant be the only one that has notice this.

HOLA442

As long as the link is there, and the journalist is noted, links to news articles should be ok.

People asking for their name to be added to a quote or an article is common if you don't

respect them.

Some forum members copy paste from a website and don't even bother to include the link

or the author.

Signed

Mr Parry

Edited by Mr. Parry

HOLA443
No posting of copyrighted material. THIS INCLUDES COPYING AND PASTING NEWS ARTICLES FROM NEWS WEBSITES.

All material is copyright. This post is copyrighted by me. You don't have to apply for a copyright its yours by right the instant you produce.

If some minister says something that is relevant to house prices, then this forum is for discussion of such. Yet this forum also has many spoof posts. So readers will always ask for links for verification, an unknown blog site means nothing, a respected news source is verification. Articles should not be copied in entirety, yet fair usage would allow for small sections. This is exactly the same as libraries having photocopiers despite all books being copyrighted.

HOLA444
Guest sillybear2
All material is copyright. This post is copyrighted by me. You don't have to apply for a copyright its yours by right the instant you produce.

Look what I just did.

Sue me. ;)

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA445
I appreciate that this is probably annoying for the mods, but a forum where the rules are not observed and some topics seem to be selectively being moved OT just undermines the workings of the site. So apologies in advance, but some expanation from either members or mods if they have time would be greatly appreciated, I am certain that I cant be the only one that has notice this.

One of the great things about this forum is that the moderation is very low key.

I have been on other sites where the moderators act like dictators and regularly jump in with interventions that are nothing more than their own narrow opinions. Dare to disagee with a Mod and you get banned. I've never been banned myself because I leave forums like that of my own accord.

Long live the light touch.

HOLA446
One of the great things about this forum is that the moderation is very low key.

I have been on other sites where the moderators act like dictators and regularly jump in with interventions that are nothing more than their own narrow opinions. Dare to disagee with a Mod and you get banned. I've never been banned myself because I leave forums like that of my own accord.

Its not the light touch I am questioning, its the objectiveness. Why have rules if they are only applies selectively, just have fewer rules, but apply conistently.

HOLA447
Its not the light touch I am questioning, its the objectiveness. Why have rules if they are only applies selectively, just have fewer rules, but apply conistently.

There's been a spate of moving off topic in the past week and interesting threads keep getting sidelined. It reduces my interest in the site.

HOLA448

I have never been moderated, but bulls in the past have complained about moderation.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I often wonder why some threads get moved to 'Off Topic' and yet other obviously off topic threads don't. I think that a popular thread with lots of posts gets left alone but the less lively ones get shifted.

At least that is all that generally happens. You can still find the thread if you want too. On other sites the Mods regularly close the busy threads on the basis that the discussion is going nowhere. Thankfully that never happens here. Threads die a natural death when nobody wants to post anymore. It always seemed to be idiotic that anyone would close the most popular threads just because they got fed up with them.

HOLA4411
There's been a spate of moving off topic in the past week and interesting threads keep getting sidelined. It reduces my interest in the site.

Much as I love this whole site, anything other than the front page of topics on the main board is dead for me.

One topic recently was moved to OT and it actually had "house prices" in the title. It was actually about the only topic on the "main discussion forum on house prices" that had anything vaguely to do with house prices.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...p;#entry1529809

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Talking about which car you want to buy next or if you are stupid enough to stock up on food in the main forum bugs the crap out of me. Just stop posting stupid topics in the main forum. 16 posts in the front page of the main forum have nothing to do with anything.

Agreed additional subdivision is needed to reflect the changind times.

Maybe a NWO/Survivalist(loony) and recession subforums?

HOLA4414

:lol::lol: :angry:

HOLA4415
Guest BoomBoomCrash

My old login 'BoomBoom' was hit with a stealth ban. My posts looked as if they were going through, but failed to appear in the forum, my PM access was also disabled. I have not been provided with any reason for this ban or told if/when it will be lifted. From my perspective the heavy handed moderation and punitive action is already happening.

HOLA4416
and some topics seem to be selectively being moved OT

So you want everything not directly related to housing moved off the the main board, which is called "The main discussion board on house prices".

In which case, why post this thread here rather than "About Housepricecrash"?

There's been a spate of moving off topic in the past week

Why not visit the off-topic forum? Unless you have severe RSI it's not hard to reach.

Much as I love this whole site, anything other than the front page of topics on the main board is dead for me.

That's your problem isn't it?

Talking about which car you want to buy next or if you are stupid enough to stock up on food in the main forum bugs the crap out of me. Just stop posting stupid topics in the main forum. 16 posts in the front page of the main forum have nothing to do with anything.

Amen.

My old login 'BoomBoom' was hit with a stealth ban. My posts looked as if they were going through, but failed to appear in the forum, my PM access was also disabled. I have not been provided with any reason for this ban or told if/when it will be lifted.

Could it have been something to do with your extremely objectionable, crude and insulting style of posting? No, of course not, it was just wicked mods acting nastily for no reason at all.

HOLA4417
So you want everything not directly related to housing moved off the the main board, which is called "The main discussion board on house prices".

Why not visit the off-topic forum? Unless you have severe RSI it's not hard to reach.

Amen.

Could it have been something to do with your extremely objectionable, crude and insulting style of posting? No, of course not, it was just wicked mods acting nastily for no reason at all.

I'm worse than him!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

You missed the point entirely. My main issue is having things moved OT which are getting a really good debate going, but then they quickly die a death because there is not enough going on in the OT board for people to frequent it in sufficient numbers. House prices are crashing, so most topics struggle to be on topic. Why stifle a good debate in the names of rules that are not even observed for 90% of the time.

HOLA4420
You missed the point entirely. My main issue is having things moved OT which are getting a really good debate going,

Just because something is getting a lot of replies doesn't make it on topic. I enjoy debating poker, but I go to a poker website to do it. If I wanted to start one here I'd start it in the off-topic forum. If you think house prices are passe, then look elsewhere.

HOLA4421

No it is not. It is not just that I rarely look there, but because few others visit that board either. If I post there, will anyone read it or reply? Few, if any. By contrast, a popular thread on the main page is like a lively conversation. The OT forum is like conducting an argument by post.

HOLA4422
Just because something is getting a lot of replies doesn't make it on topic. I enjoy debating poker, but I go to a poker website to do it. If I wanted to start one here I'd start it in the off-topic forum. If you think house prices are passe, then look elsewhere.

It seems you have not understood or chosen to ignore thethe basic and simple point I was trying to make. Feel free to reply again, but quote my whole post and you might find that yours becomes irrellevant.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424