House Price Crash Forum

Political Compass

worzel

HOLA441
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
I have no problem with someone attempting to classify me, but only if it is by using a useful test. IMO, this test is not useful as it is too simplistic. I think everyone should be free to do what they want as long as it

a) it doesnt cost the state, other and communities any cash.

B) It doesnt affect your ability to play your part in society and benefit society as a whole.

everyone else can F*ck off. Including those Tw^ts that break mcdonalds windows on May day. Personally, I would like to spray the F*ckers with machine gun fire.

Except take drugs apparently. This is typical of most people - everyone can do what they want as long as it's things that I agree with. Why does people taking drugs affect you? I suspect the test got you wrong and you are actually quite authoritarian.

Note that I don't take drugs - but I would allow people to take whatever they wanted - not my problem - but then I was a neutral libertarian by this test ;)

HOLA443

I think this test was a load of b*ll*cks, just too many ifs & buts to take into account

I've always thought of myself as slightly right of centre, but I came out as left of centre.

I believe in small government, and as little interference in normal peoples lives as possible.

Controlled & discilplined government spending & as little tax as possible.

I've always been been a big supporter of the Police, and think they should have all the powers they need to take real criminals off the streets, and keep them there.

But so many of the laws passed in recent years are petty, unenforceable, poorly thought out, and are used to hassle normal people trying to go about there normal daily business, because they are easier targets, generally more co-operative & actually bring in an income rather than a cost.

In other words the complete OPPOSITE of what we have today !!!!

HOLA444
HOLA445
IMO, this test is not useful as it is too simplistic. I think everyone should be free to do what they want as long as it

a) it doesnt cost the state, other and communities any cash.

B) It doesnt affect your ability to play your part in society and benefit society as a whole.

how can you claim that the test is too simplistic and then come out with that?

Is there anything else you'd like banned?

everyone else can F*ck off. Including those Tw^ts that break mcdonalds windows on May day. Personally, I would like to spray the F*ckers with machine gun fire.

struggling to spot where you're coming from here. I have been on a couple of may day events and never broken a window. seen some nasty coppers and some nasty protesters too.

Do you own shares in macdonalds? could it not be argued that macdonalds cost society money in terms of healthcare and have numerous other negative impacts too? let's lock up the burger flippers and their managers too.

At least you're not claiming to be 'just like Ghandi'.

HOLA446
how can you claim that the test is too simplistic and then come out with that?

Is there anything else you'd like banned?

struggling to spot where you're coming from here. I have been on a couple of may day events and never broken a window. seen some nasty coppers and some nasty protesters too.

Do you own shares in macdonalds? could it not be argued that macdonalds cost society money in terms of healthcare and have numerous other negative impacts too? let's lock up the burger flippers and their managers too.

At least you're not claiming to be 'just like Ghandi'.

I'm with you cpk, lots of people that dont want to be defined, but happy to define everyone else. Slight contradiiction.

The other thing that is winding me up is that threads like this always get moved off topic, putting them out of the public light, but threads that have nothing to do with house prices remain on the front page. I'll be honest I haven't read the rules recently on what qualifies a house rpice crash main topic thread, but its got to be pretty wolly given the topics in the main room

HOLA447
Quite close to Gandhi it seems (well the hair and the glasses are a dead match).

Same here. I was slightly South West of his position.

Economic Left/Right: -7.12

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03

HOLA448

Nearly everyone has ended up in the bottom-left / southwest quadrant. Yet nearly all Western governments are represented by a political party in the top-right / northeast.

That's a terrible result for democracy.

The bottom-right / southeast quadrant is an opportunity waiting to happen for the Conservatives. Are they going to notice it?

Archived