House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mega

British Gold Based Money System

This may sound like a very naive question, but was Gold easier to find back in the UK than it is today?

Or did they just import it all and mint into coins?

Damn! They've found one of my stashes.

In 2000 years time they will be unearthing stashes of Spam and Baked Beans.

Gold is money. Remember that.

No gold is a cold dead metal, a good brain, family, friends, mentors, health, and a passion to succeed with plenty of energy and hard work gives you money and a purpose. ;)

No gold is a cold dead metal, a good brain, family, friends, mentors, health, and a passion to succeed with plenty of energy and hard work gives you money and a purpose. ;)

I had all those but I want gold too

I had all those but I want gold too

if you had them...where did they go? If gold is your only way out, you won't have a lot going for you...all I can wish for you is best of luck. ;)

if you had them...where did they go? If gold is your only way out, you won't have a lot going for you...all I can wish for you is best of luck. ;)

Half said in jest in response to your rather righteous post (IMO).

I would think there are many living in Zimbabwe who have " a good brain, family, friends, mentors, health, and a passion to succeed with plenty of energy and hard work " who now wish they also had some gold.

Nothing wrong in trying to hang onto what you have worked for.

Half said in jest in response to your rather righteous post (IMO).

I would think there are many living in Zimbabwe who have " a good brain, family, friends, mentors, health, and a passion to succeed with plenty of energy and hard work " who now wish they also had some gold.

Nothing wrong in trying to hang onto what you have worked for.

Yes, you are right gold will not bring you riches...what can gold buy? a flight out of a situation that was not in their making?

Gold is a bubble....the next bubble if you allow it to be. ;)

Yes, you are right gold will not bring you riches...what can gold buy? a flight out of a situation that was not in their making?

Yes you may be right. I would buy a serious amount but I am afraid it may be a bubble and I would be getting in at the top.

But gold is an insurance and insurance is needed when times are uncertain so there would be no point waiting for the economic turmoil to resolve and then buying gold, even if its cheaper then.

My feeling is that if there is a 1/2% chance of UK becoming like Zimbabwe it would still be worth having some money as gold

Read up on monetary history (as opposed to economics). I would suggest 'Gold Wars' by Fernando Lips as a good place to start.

Gold Wars - Amazon link

No it isn't.

Plato was wrong, remember that.

Injin, you don't like printed currency and you don't like gold.

Tell me, how can we convert work done (or wealth) into something that is easily carried around?

from 71 to 80 gold underwent a 10 fold rise then doubled again and it still was technically not in "a bubble" do you know why ?

oh and injin mate if gold is not money then neither are tins of mack.... but dont tell bubba LOL

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122290720439096481.html