House Price Crash Forum
Son of Taeper

Benefits.. Last Chance

Mods, I know this is not the correct place to post this so please move as you see fit.

Edit; :lol:

Much as I dislike sponging off the system I think this one needs to be aired quickly.

I have paid into the system for the last 35 years but since Labour got in they have made it harder and harder for me to do my job. The current situation has left me looking to benefits (not a thing I even considered under the conservatives) to put food in my mouth.

Seems like if you come in from abroad and send all your money home you are in effect penniless but if you have just 1p over the limit in the UK you don't get any benefits at all. :angry:

The latest bit was a poorly advertised benefit that concerned "parents who were cohabiting during the 2002/2003 tax year" issued by "The Entitlements Agency"

Get in there quick guys because the cut off date is due in the next week or so I believe.

One last bit to get up your nose....

Please note, The Entitlements Agency will retain any interest and £94exc vat for processing and administration.

Phone number is 0800 612 8735 .

Strip them out while you can guys, when you lose your job you are toast to them unless ........ :ph34r: in my opinion

Edited by Son of Taeper

I have no interest in claiming benefits at all. I really don't know how people can live off benefits, something like £60.00 per week for a single person and £130.00 for a couple.....I can't live a day on those figures. If I'm not taking home £200.00 per day I'm losing money.

I have no interest in claiming benefits at all. I really don't know how people can live off benefits, something like £60.00 per week for a single person and £130.00 for a couple.....I can't live a day on those figures. If I'm not taking home £200.00 per day I'm losing money.

Most working people have no interest in claiming benefits, you are not alone.

Living off £60 per week can not be easy.

Why boast that you are losing money if you are taking home less than £200 per day, when millions are struggling, it can not help them.

Corgi heating engineers and the like are doing well right now. The Credit crunch can affect any person.

Why boast that you are losing money if you are taking home less than £200 per day, when millions are struggling, it can not help them.

Corgi heating engineers and the like are doing well right now. The Credit crunch can affect any person.

Indeed, 35 years of hard work and paying into the system and what do we get out?

Benefits are all tiny, all except the one most responsible for distorting the housing market- Housing Benefit, which in London can be ENORMOUS

Might want to start learning my friend, I used to earn way over £200.00 a day about ten years back. Never know when it's going to hit you <_<

Indeed, 35 years of hard work and paying into the system and what do we get out?

It's disgusting. There are people living off benefits paid for by the hard work of others, yet it won't be there to look after those willing to work, who've paid in all their lives and just need the states help to see out this next 2 years.

Ironically, it was set up to look after those who lost their jobs to help them out during that time, and get them back to work. Labour have ensured it has become a way of life for millions to buy their votes, leaving the rest of us out in the cold. Disgraceful.

I have no interest in claiming benefits at all. I really don't know how people can live off benefits, something like £60.00 per week for a single person and £130.00 for a couple.....

The reason why is that they don't have the outgoings of a working person, either. Apart from the VAT and duty on their fags and booze, the benefit subsistent pay no tax and have their accommodation paid for by the state as well.

The reason why is that they don't have the outgoings of a working person, either. Apart from the VAT and duty on their fags and booze, the benefit subsistent pay no tax and have their accommodation paid for by the state as well.

I agree. That is more than enough to live comfortably and in fact even to have luxuries like internet/sky etc. I think that a lot of people simply have no idea how to work to a budget.

Indeed. I knew a couple who were into the compo culture. They had a nice house and a hell of a lot more than I do, all for sitting on their back sides. If they needed more cash, he just got the missus to open her legs again.

The government is strangling any attempt to earn an honest living. They tax you to death and steal your savings with low interest and high inflation. Maybe I'm the fool and the lazy asshole with no intention of ever working is actually making the smart play?

Exactly, it's not going to be X5's and holidays to Barbados that some are accustomed to, but critically, with your rent and bills paid, you will be provided ample cash to feed your family and provide some entertainment through very tough times

Something we'll all be grateful for if we lose our jobs

That is, if the money hasn't run out by then, what with it being drained by the workshy scroungers

Mods, I know this is not the correct place to post this so please move as you see fit.

Edit; :lol:

Much as I dislike sponging off the system I think this one needs to be aired quickly.

I have paid into the system for the last 35 years but since Labour got in they have made it harder and harder for me to do my job. The current situation has left me looking to benefits (not a thing I even considered under the conservatives) to put food in my mouth.

Seems like if you come in from abroad and send all your money home you are in effect penniless but if you have just 1p over the limit in the UK you don't get any benefits at all. :angry:

The latest bit was a poorly advertised benefit that concerned "parents who were cohabiting during the 2002/2003 tax year" issued by "The Entitlements Agency"

Get in there quick guys because the cut off date is due in the next week or so I believe.

One last bit to get up your nose....

Phone number is 0800 612 8735 .

Strip them out while you can guys, when you lose your job you are toast to them unless ........ :ph34r: in my opinion

Believe you may have been referring to the following.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/tax-advice/ar...p;in_page_id=11

There is an article on the HMRC website which discusses it further, link below.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/news/ctc.htm

The relief can be claimed by filling out the hyperlinked PDF document on the "This is money website".

Hope this is of some help to someone.

STRAPR08

Don't be ridiculous. Taking home £200 a day equates to a pre-tax salary of nearly 80 grand a year! If you can only barely survive on such an amount, I suggest you seriously look at your outgoings, as you may not be earning £200 a day for ever.

£60 a week isn't a lot, but it is a liveable amount when coupled with the various other benefits available (e.g. Local Housing Allowance or whatever housing benefit is called now).

As far as I am concerned the taxes and national insurance I pay each month is dead money...I don't in a million years expect to get a pay back from that money...the pay back is from net pay, how it is used and what is done with it. ;)

Guest absolutezero
As far as I am concerned the taxes and national insurance I pay each month is dead money...I don't in a million years expect to get a pay back from that money...the pay back is from net pay, how it is used and what is done with it. ;)

I don't count it as dead money. I count it as my contribution to looking after those less fortunate then myself. Be it the temporarily unemployed, severely disabled, the elderly, healthcare/NHS etc.

I do get annoyed about the long term unemployed/workshy/benefit scroungers though.

I presume this is tongue in cheek... if you are serious then I apologise and suggest everyone reads a bit more about you.

Not sure, most people with any class do not boast about their income

Err, no.

Unless I'm missing something, the hard working taxpayers (of this country) who find themselves out of work have pretty much the same outgoings bar fuel to get to work. They have gas, electric, food, clothing, rates, and (in my case,) a mortgage to service out of £60.00 a week. You still need to buy fuel to get to sign on and get to your local food store and any interviews. My accommodation is not paid for by the state, it comes out of the £60.00 and I can only say lucky for me I have never been extravagant and have overpaid the mortgage over the years just in case I ever lost my job. Glad I did now because the state is definitely not there to bail me out.

Of course, if you come into the UK from abroad, sponge off the state and work illegally the state will bend over backwards for you.

Maybe you'll get lucky and get involved in a hideous car crash, requiring a 3 week stay in intensive care, 6 month's rehabilitation, extensive home care support, home adaptations and a life on DLA.

Of course, I say "lucky". . .

I earn more than 200 per day pre-tax. I don't feel rich. I feel fairly well off but not rich. I think that is a worrying thing for this country. You really need to be earning 100k+ to be very comfortable in the more expensive parts of this country.

The standard of living you get in many other countries is far better when compared to the UK. From my experience.

You can do a basic fairly manual job in a place like Canada or NZ and live pretty well. Same can't really be said of this place.

I earn more than 200 per day pre-tax. I don't feel rich. I feel fairly well off but not rich. I think that is a worrying thing for this country. You really need to be earning 100k+ to be very comfortable in the more expensive parts of this country.

The standard of living you get in many other countries is far better when compared to the UK. From my experience.

You can do a basic fairly manual job in a place like Canada or NZ and live pretty well. Same can't really be said of this place.

How the hell are you defining "Very comfortable?" four geisha girls on tap?

How the hell are you defining "Very comfortable?" four geisha girls on tap?

Nah I am trying to save up as much as I can. With the money I am on I can enjoy myself, buy the odd nice thing and save a good bit. Nothing more. I am back with parents too. My car is worth 3k.

Anyway likely to be out of work come April so will see what happens then !!

What would you like, a medal? Or some more male admirers. ;)