House Price Crash Forum
0q0

Sky News' Jeff Randall Implies The Government Should Resign?

On a trailer or ad for his shows, Jeff mentions he's been a business journo for many years etc, comments that things are the worst he's known, and then - did I hear right? ...Did he say if he were the government then he'd resign?

If so, then that makes two of us.

Good man Jeff.

Though politicians don't resign these days. You have to push them out the door and kick it shut behind them.

then they come back, get fired again, spend a few years on the EU gravy boat and then get a shoe-in to the house of lords, where they continue unabated in a state of untouchable immunity.

it's a f*cking farce.

Mandy thinks he is untouchable again....

Large questions over the propriety of his mortgage arrangements yet again.

..if the Liberals had voted for the right leader ..Vince C....at least we would have a viable opposition talking sense ....the Tories do not have the technical knowledge required....and I'm no Liberal....without these skills in opposition this Nulabour lot will continue to puff and bluff on until the public get their chance at the next election..... <_<

Large questions over the propriety of his mortgage arrangements yet again.

What a gaylord.

....the Tories do not have the technical knowledge required....

They do, it's just they're all sitting at the back of the bus 'cos they're not in David Cameron's nepotistic little gang of school mates.

Ken Clarke, John Redwood, David Davies... i wouldn't let them into my house but they're all in a class above Osborne or any of the New Labour cretins

Well I wouldn't touch the tw@t - unless it was with a blowtorch...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

..if the Liberals had voted for the right leader ..Vince C....at least we would have a viable opposition talking sense ....

He didn't stand because at the time they were looking for their version of Blair and Vince was seen as too old. Just like the Tories they were making plans to re-fight the 2005 election and so chose completely the wrong leader for 2010.

..if the Liberals had voted for the right leader ..Vince C....\

How could they have voted for him when he didn't have the guts to stand? The leadership election was Clegg vs. Huhne.

He didn't stand because at the time they were looking for their version of Blair and Vince was seen as too old. Just like the Tories they were making plans to re-fight the 2005 election and so chose completely the wrong leader for 2010.

Absolutely. They wanted a smarmy barmy media identikit tailor's dummy, which is exactly what they got.

Serves them right for being both ageist and stoopid.

Absolutely. They wanted a smarmy barmy media identikit tailor's dummy, which is exactly what they got.

Serves them right for being both ageist and stoopid.

Modern politics began with Kinnock.He may not have been the most charasmatic leader but it was the first time that Britain acknowledged that the electorate would not vote for a man that looked like a superannuated scarecrow whatever his erudite credentials.From that day onwards politicians have needed more and more to conform to the sanitised aspirations of the Great British Public.I agree Vince Cable would have been a good leader but the Lib Dems are never going to win,it's a two horse race.Cameron has been chosen entirely for style and has the downside of appearing to be a "Tim nice but dim" character...which leaves by default...

The idea of mixing govt and responsibility was destroyed a long time ago.

To resign would be to admit responsibility for it going wrong and that won't happen.

However any govt that had tried to stop the HPI would have immediately been voted out because they where trying to make people poor.

Modern politics began with Kinnock.He may not have been the most charasmatic leader but it was the first time that Britain acknowledged that the electorate would not vote for a man that looked like a superannuated scarecrow whatever his erudite credentials.From that day onwards politicians have needed more and more to conform to the sanitised aspirations of the Great British Public.I agree Vince Cable would have been a good leader but the Lib Dems are never going to win,it's a two horse race.Cameron has been chosen entirely for style and has the downside of appearing to be a "Tim nice but dim" character...which leaves by default...

Agreed, but Kinnock had no erudite credentials that I could see. Michael Foot had those.

There should quite clearly be an election.

Probably before Bailout 2 takes place. The country should have a say in what happens (and an opportunity to kick Brown out).

He is right.

This government have no mandate for what they are doing with the nation's and taxpayers finances.

Neither does the Bankrupt of England.

However any govt that had tried to stop the HPI would have immediately been voted out because they where trying to make people poor.

As a nation we have been developing a bad habit in terms of using money. Like a drug user going cold turkey is how I feel (as a nation) we stand at the moment. Maybe we are in no fit state to even vote them out. Politics though is much more complicated than saying "it's their fault!", but when I see Golden Brown talk like nothing is wrong I worry that our habit is going to be hard to shake off.

On a trailer or ad for his shows, Jeff mentions he's been a business journo for many years etc, comments that things are the worst he's known, and then - did I hear right? ...Did he say if he were the government then he'd resign?

If so, then that makes two of us.

Blair has already done it

They don't resign anymore. Portillo said on This Week that any government in the past would not have survived the sterling collapse this one has experienced over the past few months.

No, the public refused to vote for a triumphalist windbag who later proved at the EU he had no principles other than feathering his own nest.

Cable is living on a coupe of decent comments but backing them up with nonsense.

No, the public refused to vote for a triumphalist windbag who later proved at the EU he had no principles other than feathering his own nest.

Cable is living on a coupe of decent comments but backing them up with nonsense.

Cable wanted to spend more than Brown in the early years 1p on income tax?

If you want to get rid of Brown then the only person you are going to get is Cameron.

I you want the Lib Dem's to be a force then you need to push for people in Labour seats to vote for the party most likely to unseat Labour.

I would love to see Labour down to 1 MP after the next election.

Gordon Brown would have to sit there having the p**s taken out of him.

The Westminster village would have its idiot.

They have to go!