House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bendy

So, How Many On Here Are Still Thinking About House Prices?

imo this forum has turned into a major powerhouse of financial information.

hpc/hpi is a topic that is a bypart of the main discussion and i for one really like it. :)

it really is hard to discuss house prices as they are motivated by any movements in other parts of the economy (hence no perfect models) and as such i think this place gets a lot of hits from its name and the mainly unfiltered forum should stay as such.

what ya reckon?

Damn right.

Who cares about the cost of a house right now.

IMHO you would be better off waiting for a few years to see how things pan out.

I agree this main forum should allow the posting of financial news. This is a central hub for many people, for their financial info.

Edited by Ted

what ya reckon?

id say its turning you into a 'goddam financial tyranosourus.

just like me...

predator_ventura.jpg

post-17594-1232140641_thumb.jpg

Edited by the-sign-jacker

This site is at the heart of what is going on in the economy. I suspect that many journos, politicians and economists now come here to find out what is going on.

Years from now this site will be mentioned in economic history books.

I came for the house prices... and stayed for the economic collapse.

:lol:

all i wanted was an affordable home and all i got was this lousy financial meltdown t-shirt....

Edited by the-sign-jacker

yep, financial discussion should be allowed. The HPC is proceeding so slowly in my area, we need something to talk about. There's only so Anthea Turner jokes I can take.

Totally agree and it's why I've been spending so much time on here since chrimbo 2006 and started to post and ask questions of those that know stuff - and am so impressed by this site and the posters here.

Okay, occasionally posts get a bit weird - but I have been so grateful to those who when I asked simple idiot questions like explain Credit Derivatives - I got a real explanation I could understand and further links.

And the people on this site - are bright bunnies who know stuff - and everyone has a witty sense of humour I love.

Because it was this site that predicted it all - and seems to have some increadibly smart people in the know - I've been recommending it to friends, family and everyone else that even owns a home purely for the financial information that the clever people post.

It is a brilliant site - and although I joined years ago when I was priced-out - and knew I was priced - but couldn't understand why when I have a reasonable job and save money - but this site and the people here have given me a greater uderstanding of the way economies work and how the financial market works.

It's sometimes been depressing but overall, it's been truly enlightening - and hope it continues to be so.

Plus - now I log on and check the posts - gosh it's going so fast these days, it takes time - but stuff that doesn't get into the news - is on here - and I almost use it as a news update of the world.

Just wish there were a few more posters from overseas giving their take on things where they are - would love to hear from those in China as to their impressions.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I like to think crash gordon logs in now and then to have a read before he starts crying out of his good eye!

Can you imagine being the aide that brings it to his attention, I reckon they'd get about 30 seconds to get out of the building

There are a few of us here who are still interested in house prices......................Trying to sell at the moment :(

Two viewings tomorrow, so if we can hold off the global fiscal and monetary cataclysm till April, and not mention the job losses or bank collapses either, that would be great thanks!!!!!!! THen I would be happy to join you all in the front row of the HPC auditorium to watch the doom unfold!!!

Actually I would be but my restaurant will probably go down the toilet with the rest of the global economy :(:(:(

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I like to think crash gordon logs in now and then to have a read before he starts crying out of his good eye!

Can you imagine being the aide that brings it to his attention, I reckon they'd get about 30 seconds to get out of the building

it would seem that only one of gordons three 'eyes' works correctly.

the upper two seem to be closed.

They have actually turned into the same thing at the moment.

I suspect that is why the mods have been a little more generous in allowing non-HPC threads to "live" .....

This site is at the heart of what is going on in the economy. I suspect that many journos, politicians and economists now come here to find out what is going on.

Years from now this site will be mentioned in economic history books.

Ha ha ha.

hpc/hpi is a topic that is a bypart of the main discussion and i for one really like it. :)

it really is hard to discuss house prices as they are motivated by any movements in other parts of the economy (hence no perfect models) and as such i think this place gets a lot of hits from its name and the mainly unfiltered forum should stay as such.

what ya reckon?

666 posts...

house prices are becoming less important, as job losses mount, and job insecurity increases.

I prefer to think that house prices were NEVER important, we were just brainwashed into believing they were.

And now, more and more people are starting to realise that.

And it's sites like HPC.co.uk that explained to thick fookers like me exactly how the smoke and mirrors worked.

Once you understand how the conjouring trick works, it, er...doesn't anymore!!!

And you can bet as much of whatever worthless paper currency you have left on the fact that this site will be among the first to explain the next trick these bankers think of.

God bless HPC.co.uk, and all who wail in her...

XYY

PS - see what I did there??? - sail / wail

Edited by The XYY Man

Good post O'bendyone, when the economy started really going bananas I was finding it hard keeping up with it all.

Luckily at the time I had a job that allowed me to stay on here all day if I wanted, made up for the poxy wages.

At the moment though, just wish the mods would let more popular/funny threads linger longer, as after all the exiting

SHTF stuff it all seems a bit slow now.

Yeah, house prices are crashing zzzzzzzzzzz. :lol:

Totally agree and it's why I've been spending so much time on here since chrimbo 2006 and started to post and ask questions of those that know stuff - and am so impressed by this site and the posters here.

Okay, occasionally posts get a bit weird - but I have been so grateful to those who when I asked simple idiot questions like explain Credit Derivatives - I got a real explanation I could understand and further links.

And the people on this site - are bright bunnies who know stuff - and everyone has a witty sense of humour I love.

Because it was this site that predicted it all - and seems to have some increadibly smart people in the know - I've been recommending it to friends, family and everyone else that even owns a home purely for the financial information that the clever people post.

It is a brilliant site - and although I joined years ago when I was priced-out - and knew I was priced - but couldn't understand why when I have a reasonable job and save money - but this site and the people here have given me a greater uderstanding of the way economies work and how the financial market works.

It's sometimes been depressing but overall, it's been truly enlightening - and hope it continues to be so.

Plus - now I log on and check the posts - gosh it's going so fast these days, it takes time - but stuff that doesn't get into the news - is on here - and I almost use it as a news update of the world.

Just wish there were a few more posters from overseas giving their take on things where they are - would love to hear from those in China as to their impressions.

+1

I wonder how many serious financial decisions this site has affected.

I still lurk here because this crash is a house price crash. Whatever your point of view, I think it's fair to say that the current economic crisis was caused by excessive borrowing on property.

All the gold ramping, obsession with charts, political sniping etc. on this website are just window dressing for the core problem - overpriced houses.

Edited by Woodworm

I still lurk here because this crash is a house price crash. Whatever your point of view, I think it's fair to say that the current economic crisis was caused by excessive borrowing on property.

All the gold ramping, obsession with charts, political sniping etc. on this website are just window dressing for the core problem - overpriced houses.

It's all become such a panic and mucking fuddle, I initially lurked for info on house prices but became addicted to economic news, views and explanations.

It's so educational, I still cant believe the idiocy and lunacy of the government, they would do well to read this forum, they might learn summit!