* Price changed: from '£595,000' to '£499,950'

12 November 2008

* Price changed: from '£620,000' to '£595,000' [Found by WorstCaseScenario]

24 October 2008

* Price changed: from '£695,000' to '£620,000' [Found by WorstCaseScenario]

22 October 2008

* Initial entry found. [Found by jbre44]

They must be in trouble to drop that much in less than three months :huh:

A bit strange that they reduced by 70k within 2 days of listing it. A marketing ploy probably to say that it already had been reduced when people looked at it!

A bit strange that they reduced by 70k within 2 days of listing it. A marketing ploy probably to say that it already had been reduced when people looked at it!

yeah, i'm sure that's right.

let's face it, probably at least several hundred potential homebuyers on here have ended up looked at it as a result of the 'price cuts'.

i live fairly near that block, although without knowing how swan-ky it is it's virtually impossible to say what the 'right' price might be... but the initial price of £700k does seem ridiculous.

£500k doesn't seem too bad really i suppsoe. even in the recession there will still be many, many people in london earning a quarter million plus for whom a place like that is fairly comfortably affordable. it does look like a nice place for a single or childless couple. i wonder if it has a river view?

Edited by the flying pig

yeah, i'm sure that's right.

let's face it, probably at least several hundred potential homebuyers on here have ended up looked at it as a result of the 'price cuts'.

i live fairly near that block, although without knowing how swan-ky it is it's virtually impossible to say what the 'right' price might be... but the initial price of £700k does seem ridiculous.

£500k doesn't seem too bad really i suppsoe. even in the recession there will still be many, many people in london earning a quarter million plus for whom a place like that is fairly comfortably affordable. it does look like a nice place for a single or childless couple. i wonder if it has a river view?

Are you mad? It looks like an expensive deluxe prison cell to me.

Are you mad? It looks like an expensive deluxe prison cell to me.

depends really. being serious, a view of the thames, which it does say that it has, in that part of town would be spectacular.

er, if i was, say, a banker in my mid to late 20s, living on my own, i would say that a fairly big, really modern, flat like that would be a really nice place to live for a few years until i 'settled down'. flat rejection of that idea being at least plausible must be tinged with jealousy.

although being 15 minutes from the train, and nowhere near a tube, isn't ideal. maybe people who live in places like that take taxis almost everywhere?

depends really. being serious, a view of the thames, which it does say that it has, in that part of town would be spectacular.

er, if i was, say, a banker in my mid to late 20s, living on my own, i would say that a fairly big, really modern, flat like that would be a really nice place to live for a few years until i 'settled down'. flat rejection of that idea being at least plausible must be tinged with jealousy.

although being 15 minutes from the train, and nowhere near a tube, isn't ideal. maybe people who live in places like that take taxis almost everywhere?

Oh you are so 2007.

Being serious, any banker today is worried about losing their job and is so hoardng cash in the bank account to prepare for becoming a teacher.

Why buy it when you can rent it.

Now this is a significant move....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-23637605.html

Oh this is hilarious! Check out the birds eye view facility on the map and you'll see what I mean. They might look okay when photographed from river, but these flats are in in the middle of polluted nowheresville. I remember seeing them built and thinking, 'Who the eff would wanna live here?'

Hahahaha!

The "master" bedroom is 10ft by 12ft. What possesses developers to build places this small? Can you imagine trying to raise a child there?

If I was a banker in my mid to late 20s and I was expecting to keep my job then I don't think I would be buying a place like this. I would be renting in W1 or WC1 (or maybe Notting Hill) and spending the rest of my money on wine, women and fast cars (or alternatively just wasting it).

I think this area is in serious trouble. The Imperial Wharf development on the Fulham side is the location of one of the Marks & Spencers Simply Food closures. Clearly the lifestyle dream and the reality of living next to the gas tanks at Sands End just don't match up.

Now this is a significant move....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-23637605.html

Property Bee says...

16 January 2009

* Price changed: from '£595,000' to '£499,950'

12 November 2008

* Price changed: from '£620,000' to '£595,000' [Found by WorstCaseScenario]

24 October 2008

* Price changed: from '£695,000' to '£620,000' [Found by WorstCaseScenario]

22 October 2008

* Initial entry found. [Found by jbre44]

1. It is not the view of the river but that of the promenade, from the balconies.

2. No property has ever sold in this postcode - SW11 5TG - for more than £250,000.

So a moron can go and offer that or above that.

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=sw11+...p;n=10&f=pd

that's just sour grapes, guys.

it's not in the primest of prime locations, being too far from any stations & not really on the doorstep of anything in particular, and as such is unlikely to be a really top-notch development, but it's still on the thames in a fairly central location [say a mile and a half from the king's road in chelsea, less than a mile to battersea park].

nice places that very well-paid people live in [like it or not both exist and will continue to exist] will always be expensive... sure there's a downturn but most jobs will stay and most of these peoples' parents will have shelved out at least a couple of hundred grand on their school fees alone, it's almost unthinkable that many of their 21st birthday presents didn't include a nice big cheque to help them {ahem} get a foot on the property ladder].

half a million quid for that place makes far, far more sense to me than prices on my parents' street on a huge, ghastly, barratt estate with no shops or facilities of any kind & built directly across the road from a pretty grim council estate, well outside walking distance of the town centre of a niceish town in yorkshire... my dad's a self-employed minicab driver whose profits when you take into account teh amount of petrol he buys and how often he has to replace and fix his car aren't all that much more than minimum wage, many people on the same street have similar jobs... prices were, i believe, nearer £50k than £100k in some cases at the turn of the millenium, but in 2007 they broke a quarter million. now that's madness/unsustainable.

Edited by the flying pig

As there's a 50% larger 2 bed, with similar view, available in the next block at 435K, it still looks overpriced

(The other one looks quite nice actually, I could almost go for it myself)

tim

Urrrghh god I know that area. Basically you walk out the back of Clapham junction station through the cloud of beligerant Yoot towards the river through scummy high rise blocks then cross a road onto a parade of similar blocks to the one shown here. All called something "wharf".

I went to look round a place in a nearby development (renting), very small, no nearby shops (unless you eat at B&Q) and you would not want to walk home on your own. You'd be better off raping yourself with a spade and chucking yourself in the river.

ST

half a million quid for that place makes far, far more sense to me than prices on my parents' street on a huge, ghastly, barratt estate with no shops or facilities of any kind & built directly across the road from a pretty grim council estate, well outside walking distance of the town centre of a niceish town in yorkshire...

"half a million quid" - if you have it - still buys you a little chateau in France with acres of land and no "council estates" for miles and miles. So why bother with this shoe box?

"half a million quid" - if you have it - still buys you a little chateau in France with acres of land and no "council estates" for miles and miles. So why bother with this shoe box?

why buy this place? well, i shouldn't really need to point this out but it's a new, well equipped, attaractive, block on the river thames, about a five mile taxi ride from a sizeable proportion of the highest-paying workplaces in europe.

as others have perceptively noted it's not a place where you'd want to bring up children, nor, as you helpfully note, is it a somewhere to think about trying your hand at tending a vineyard. it might, however, be a decent stopping point for a recently graduated former english public school boy [or girl], or perhaps a euro-sloane from across the water, for a few years. no more, no less.

one of these types might well be interested in buying a flat there, as might a BTL paraside looking to let it out to the above sorts of people.

Edited by the flying pig