House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dog

Tax Abuser Of The Week

BBC

But he added: "Frankly the job could be done with half as many, it could be more productive, more efficient, it could deliver a lot more value for money for the taxpayer.

"I was amazed, quite frankly, at how many people deserved the sack and yet that was the one threat that they never ever worked under, because it doesn't exist."

Golden Trough Award

Executive Director for Resources

Employer: LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL

Industry:Government - Local government Senior executive - Government

Contract: Permanent

Hours: Full Time

Salary: Circa £135k

Silver Trough Award

Deputy Chief Executive (Performance)

Employer: MANCHESTER CITY COUNCIL

Salary: circa £130,000

The Twilight Zone

Head of Economic Development and Sustainability, WORCESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL, £75,267 - £83,388 per annum

HR Relationship Manager - Adult Social Care, Kingston upon Thames, £60,000

Head of Corporate Information Services, STOCKPORT BOROUGH COUNCIL, £41,083 - £51,668 plus benefits

Head of Property & Procurement STOCKPORT BOROUGH COUNCIL, £46,856 - £57,723 plus benefits

Head of Corporate Information Services STOCKPORT BOROUGH COUNCIL, £41,083 - £51,668 plus benefits

Inclusion Manager Teacher, LEEDS CITY COUNCIL, £39,504 - ££43,607

Assessment and Intervention Team Managers, WEST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL, £41,600 - £44,500 per annum

Therapies Manager - Children’s Services, EAST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL, £38,931 - £42,549

Additional Educational Needs Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF HAVERING, £58,905 to £63,996

Deputy Head of Service, Countywide BEDFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL, £39,345 - £42,798

Head of Service - Strategic Commissioner for Culture, Health and Wellbeing WIGAN COUNCIL, £56,268 - £61,392

Programme Manager - Personalisation LEICESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL, £47,772 - £52,719

Children's Services Transport Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF HILLINGDON, £43,013 - £46,702

Deputy Service Manager - Fostering CITY OF WESTMINSTER COUNCIL, £41,721 up to £44,334

Professional Head of Social Work and Social Inclusion BRADFORD DISTRICT CARE TRUST, £41,221 - £53,432

Safeguarding Children Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF EALING, £54,054 - £56,880

Head of Early Years & Children's Centres Service CITY OF YORK COUNCIL, £43,850 - £50,200

2 Senior Quality Officers - Adults Services LONDON BOROUGH OF NEWHAM, £42,813 - £45,459

Operations Manager (Community Safety) LONDON BOROUGH OF REDBRIDGE, £41,076 - £43,695

Biodiversity Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON, £38,463 - £41,076 pa

Head of Economic and Urban Policy MANCHESTER CITY COUNCIL, £65,000

Assistant Director Commissioning and Transformation - Adult Social Services NORFOLK COUNCIL,£79,000

Assistant Chief Executive, Performance and Delivery BARNSLEY METROPOLITAN BOROUGH COUNCIL, £80k

Director of the Office for Disability Issues DEPARTMENT OF WORK AND PENSIONS, £90K

Manager Services for Children/Young People with a Disability and/or Illness HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCIL,£37,106 - £44,527

Assistant Chief Executive, Performance and Delivery BARNSLEY METROPOLITAN BOROUGH COUNCIL, £80k

Head of Service – Safeguarding and Vulnerable Children HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCIL, £67,599 to £71,299

Head of Policy & Performance, ROYAL BOROUGH WINDSOR & MAIDENHEAD, £62,885 - £73,170

Head of Admissions & Transport EAST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL, £49,338 - £53,916

Neighbourhood Manager COMMUNITY AT HEART, £38,462 – 41,897 per annum

Joint Commissioners: Mental Health & Learning Disabilities LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET,£48,252 - £51,078

Joint Commissioners: Older People & Physical Sensory Impairment LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET,£48,252 - £51,078

Lead Officer for Carers - Strategy & Commissioning LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET, £48,024 - £51,381

Assistant Director - Planning, Performance and Engagement EAST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL, £68,310

Children’s Workforce Development – Project Officer LEICESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL, £36,675 - £40,518

London 2012 Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF BRENT, £46,359

Director of Economic Development LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL, £98k

Training and Development Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF LAMBETH, £39,987

Officer in Charge LONDON BOROUGH OF NEWHAM, £38,463 pa - £41,076 pa (pro-rata)

Head of Adult Disability and Sensory Services LONDON BOROUGH OF NEWHAM, £47,200 - £57,700

Extended Schools Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF SOUTHWARK, £39,114 - £45,219

Service Manager - Quality, Contracts and Safeguarding, KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA, £70,500 incl. avg

Operations Manager - Children's Placement Service LONDON BOROUGH OF EALING, £54,054 - £56,880 pa inclusive

Head of Transformation and Modernisation - Adult Social Care LONDON BOROUGH OF HOUNSLOW, £73,805 to £85,459

Care & Repair and Grants Team Leader LONDON BOROUGH OF HOUNSLOW, £40,194 - £42,813

Health and Safety Manager SURREY COUNTY COUNCIL, £40,002 - £44,757

Strategic Project Manager for Croydon’s Children’s Trust LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON, £39,302 - £41,097

Head of Transformation and Modernisation LONDON BOROUGH OF HOUNSLOW, £73,805 to £85,459

Other Tax Abusers

Corporate Director of Development and Neighbourhood Services

Employer: STOCKTON ON TEES

Industry:Environment Government - Local government Housing - Regeneration Senior executive - Government Travel & transport

Salary: To £128,523

Strategic Director of Neighbourhood Services

Industry:Environment - General Government - Local government Senior executive - Government Social care - General Contract: Permanent

Salary: circa £120,000

Director of Strategic Client Relations

Employer: NATIONAL SCHOOL OF GOVERNMENT

Industry:Education Government Senior executive

Salary: circa £120k

Executive Director

Employer: ROCHDALE METROPOLITAN BOROUGH COUNCIL

Contract: Permanent Hours: Full Time

Salary: Up to £120,000 (pay review pending) plus benefits

Executive Director - Finance and Support Services

Employer: SOUTH CAMBRIDGESHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL

Industry:Finance - Accountancy Government - Local government

Hours: Full Time Salary: to £100000 for an exceptional candidate

Thanks mate. I have seen a £48K job here that I do at the mo for around 3/5ths of that and that might very well ride me out of the depression! I am now torn between the beach and the backblocks of london :o

BBC

Golden Trough Award

Executive Director for Resources

Employer: LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL

Salary: Circa £135k

Silver Trough Award

Deputy Chief Executive (Performance)

Salary: circa £130,000

The Twilight Zone

Head of Economic Development and Sustainability, WORCESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL, £75,267 - £83,388 per annum

HR Relationship Manager - Adult Social Care, Kingston upon Thames, £60,000

Head of Corporate Information Services, STOCKPORT BOROUGH COUNCIL, £41,083 - £51,668 plus benefits

Head of Property & Procurement STOCKPORT BOROUGH COUNCIL, £46,856 - £57,723 plus benefits

Head of Corporate Information Services STOCKPORT BOROUGH COUNCIL, £41,083 - £51,668 plus benefits

Inclusion Manager Teacher, LEEDS CITY COUNCIL, £39,504 - ££43,607

Assessment and Intervention Team Managers, WEST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL, £41,600 - £44,500 per annum

Therapies Manager - Children’s Services, EAST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL, £38,931 - £42,549

Additional Educational Needs Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF HAVERING, £58,905 to £63,996

Deputy Head of Service, Countywide BEDFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL, £39,345 - £42,798

Head of Service - Strategic Commissioner for Culture, Health and Wellbeing WIGAN COUNCIL, £56,268 - £61,392

Programme Manager - Personalisation LEICESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL, £47,772 - £52,719

Children's Services Transport Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF HILLINGDON, £43,013 - £46,702

Deputy Service Manager - Fostering CITY OF WESTMINSTER COUNCIL, £41,721 up to £44,334

Professional Head of Social Work and Social Inclusion BRADFORD DISTRICT CARE TRUST, £41,221 - £53,432

Safeguarding Children Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF EALING, £54,054 - £56,880

Head of Early Years & Children's Centres Service CITY OF YORK COUNCIL, £43,850 - £50,200

2 Senior Quality Officers - Adults Services LONDON BOROUGH OF NEWHAM, £42,813 - £45,459

Operations Manager (Community Safety) LONDON BOROUGH OF REDBRIDGE, £41,076 - £43,695

Biodiversity Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON, £38,463 - £41,076 pa

Assistant Director Commissioning and Transformation - Adult Social Services NORFOLK COUNCIL,£79,000

Director of the Office for Disability Issues DEPARTMENT OF WORK AND PENSIONS, £90K

Manager Services for Children/Young People with a Disability and/or Illness HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCIL,£37,106 - £44,527

Head of Service – Safeguarding and Vulnerable Children HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCIL, £67,599 to £71,299

Head of Policy & Performance, ROYAL BOROUGH WINDSOR & MAIDENHEAD, £62,885 - £73,170

Head of Admissions & Transport EAST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL, £49,338 - £53,916

Neighbourhood Manager COMMUNITY AT HEART, £38,462 – 41,897 per annum

Joint Commissioners: Mental Health & Learning Disabilities LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET,£48,252 - £51,078

Joint Commissioners: Older People & Physical Sensory Impairment LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET,£48,252 - £51,078

Lead Officer for Carers - Strategy & Commissioning LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET, £48,024 - £51,381

Assistant Director - Planning, Performance and Engagement EAST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL, £68,310

Children’s Workforce Development – Project Officer LEICESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL, £36,675 - £40,518

London 2012 Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF BRENT, £46,359

Director of Economic Development LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL, £98k

Training and Development Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF LAMBETH, £39,987

Officer in Charge LONDON BOROUGH OF NEWHAM, £38,463 pa - £41,076 pa (pro-rata)

Head of Adult Disability and Sensory Services LONDON BOROUGH OF NEWHAM, £47,200 - £57,700

Extended Schools Manager LONDON BOROUGH OF SOUTHWARK, £39,114 - £45,219

Service Manager - Quality, Contracts and Safeguarding, KENSINGTON AND CHELSEA, £70,500 incl. avg

Operations Manager - Children's Placement Service LONDON BOROUGH OF EALING, £54,054 - £56,880 pa inclusive

Head of Transformation and Modernisation - Adult Social Care LONDON BOROUGH OF HOUNSLOW, £73,805 to £85,459

Care & Repair and Grants Team Leader LONDON BOROUGH OF HOUNSLOW, £40,194 - £42,813

Health and Safety Manager SURREY COUNTY COUNCIL, £40,002 - £44,757

Strategic Project Manager for Croydon’s Children’s Trust LONDON BOROUGH OF CROYDON, £39,302 - £41,097

Head of Transformation and Modernisation LONDON BOROUGH OF HOUNSLOW, £73,805 to £85,459

Other Tax Abusers

Corporate Director of Development and Neighbourhood Services

Employer: STOCKTON ON TEES

Industry:Environment Government - Local government Housing - Regeneration Senior executive - Government Travel & transport

Salary: To £128,523

Strategic Director of Neighbourhood Services

Industry:Environment - General Government - Local government Senior executive - Government Social care - General Contract: Permanent

Salary: circa £120,000

Director of Strategic Client Relations

Employer: NATIONAL SCHOOL OF GOVERNMENT

Industry:Education Government Senior executive

Salary: circa £120k

Executive Director

Employer: ROCHDALE METROPOLITAN BOROUGH COUNCIL

Contract: Permanent Hours: Full Time

Salary: Up to £120,000 (pay review pending) plus benefits

Executive Director - Finance and Support Services

Employer: SOUTH CAMBRIDGESHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL

Industry:Finance - Accountancy Government - Local government

Hours: Full Time Salary: to £100000 for an exceptional candidate

I am numb. Numb numb.

£135k/year, lets say after £35k 'living expenses' leaves £100k petty cash for? ooooh, a nice big house?

Year 1, nice big house

Year 2, nice big house

Year 3, nice big house Paid Off

Year 4, Pension Pot

Year 5, Pension Pot Sorted

Reslt of 5 year plan = sorted for life.

Anything extra is mind boggling. Holidays in Scunthorpe? Adventure holidays with the needy?

gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

All civil servants should get the same as the dole. Then they would say that they would go into the private sector, but the truth is they cant, because they are stupid, and thats why they are in the public sector.

Recently started working for my local District Council about 10 months ago.

It's horrifically tedious - but there's sod all else about at the moment, so I guess I'll have to sit it out for a while.

One thing I can say with absolute certainty - there's quite a few here who would never, in a million years, manage to get the salary they're currently on in the private sector.

And I'm not being spiteful.

£135k/year, lets say after £35k 'living expenses' leaves £100k petty cash for? ooooh, a nice big house?

Year 1, nice big house

Year 2, nice big house

Year 4, Pension Pot

Anything extra is mind boggling. Holidays in Scunthorpe? Adventure holidays with the needy?

gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

All civil servants should get the same as the dole. Then they would say that they would go into the private sector, but the truth is they cant, because they are stupid, and thats why they are in the public sector.

Yah, but, as any union shill will tell you we need to pay these prices to get 'the best people'. Unfortunately the 'best people' just happen to be the existing staffs best friends.

said it before and i'll say it again, these kind of figureres are on a par with what the state pays tens of thousands of gps, consultants and dentists and is a fraction of what nhs orthodontists were on until recently but the tax payers alliance is strangely silent on this. are they a bunch of doctors and dentists wanting to keep the golden trough to themselves?

Year 1, nice big house

Year 2, nice big house

Year 4, Pension Pot

gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

;) Er, apparently not.

Don't 100% agree but I certainly think that people with private sector experience are often easier to work with. I always note that Dog concentrates on local government - however there are a substantial number of charities including religious that are totally funded by the taxpayer. People working in charities can be just as tedious and basically little hitler 'controlling bureaufecks'!

said it before and i'll say it again, these kind of figureres are on a par with what the state pays tens of thousands of gps, consultants and dentists and is a fraction of what nhs orthodontists were on until recently but the tax payers alliance is strangely silent on this. are they a bunch of doctors and dentists wanting to keep the golden trough to themselves?

Don't know about dentists and orthodontists but I have enough friends and family who are doctors. Most salaried GPs are on £40-£60k and consultants on £70-90k. What the government is doing to doctors at the moment is similar to what was done to teachers 20 years ago, and for the same reasons. You don't believe the government spin when they tell you this is a minor downturn that started in America, so why do you believe the spin about doctors salaries?

Scandal.

Obscene money which I almost guarantee couldn't be attained in the private sector for the same level of work. Those in the private sector slog away for a salary which those in the public sector sit about for - I know the situation. Those in the private sector should go on a strike - and if those in the public sectr went on strike, I'd gladly take their jobs off them.

Edited by thomasross20

Don't 100% agree but I certainly think that people with private sector experience are often easier to work with. I always note that Dog concentrates on local government - however there are a substantial number of charities including religious that are totally funded by the taxpayer. People working in charities can be just as tedious and basically little hitler 'controlling bureaufecks'!

I agree with this. Many charities become more self serving with each passing year. The ones that give me particular cause for concern are those working in places like Africa. How can these people justify travelling business class on mercy missions for the homeless and starving?

I still believe in organisations like the Sally Army. I hope this belief is justified.

Year 1, nice big house

Year 2, nice big house

Year 4, Pension Pot

gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

Trouble with that budget is that they'll be after him for the 49k / year tax owed. Not a civil servant, are you?

I think that many people feel that the majority of doctors to somewhat more of real value to justify their salary than, say, an Assistant Director Commissioning and Transformation - Adult Social Services. You could have a hospital consultant or about 3 nurses for the same money.

How many people's council tax does £79k a year add up to?

I agree with this. Many charities become more self serving with each passing year. The ones that give me particular cause for concern are those working in places like Africa. How can these people justify travelling business class on mercy missions for the homeless and starving?

I still believe in organisations like the Sally Army. I hope this belief is justified.

I believe the Sally Army has huge wealth in the form of property, all I assume paid for from donations and the like.

Agree with some of this in principle.

But what about the platinum-snouted, uber-obese, bloodsoaked perma-bull(sh!ts) a.k.a the U.K government itself? Over the last thirty-odd years too...

It is all very well having a pop at various therapists, mediators, planners etc al on offer.

But I'd wager quite a few of the HPC's on here are in I.T etc. Turn the electric off, and no jobs for you (or I).

But we'd all get by in the end.

I would say that any job beneficial to any kind of human - or indeed, animal, psychology and well-being is better than some job dossing around on computer screens all day p!ssing about with w@nky codes whilst plucking figures out o thin air for some tool's "balance sheet".

This is a Friday night post, and is meant to be controversial! Discuss...

Look at some of the other councils...Tower Hamlets, Leicester and the like....you would be even more shocked at the salaries offered for ridiculous positions that are not needed....and when they are filled, they are filled by uneducated and incomptent foreigners that just make up more ridiculous positions so that their families and friends can be employed....the country has gone mad....its gone bust and will take 50 years or more....get out now while you can as there aint gonna be anything left for the decent hard working indigenous population..

And you could say that tax in itself is an abuse - it is for me - I get absolutely d!ck all back for what I have to pay in. I don't know why I bother - and can see why some have "opted out"...

Discuss...

Year 1, nice big house

Year 2, nice big house

Year 4, Pension Pot

gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

You might have forgotten income tax and NI in your calculations.