House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Winnie

Pound Up Strongly Today

Guest Winnie

Gordon Brown's Peso up today against everything. Eur 1.13 Dollar 1.5, Aussie 1.22

Can any of ypu bright sparks explain or is it a combo of what is happening to those currencies( another US bailout/ EU rate cut/ China dip) rather than any strength in ours?

It's your second suggestion, that the other currencies are weaker, not the GBPeso stronger.

I'm really beginning to wish I'd bought the shiny yellow metal some years ago, but what to actually do with it in practical terms held me back, but I guess even if I'd sold it now for GBPesos I'd be laughing. Just going to smack myself in the face now for not listening when people on here suggested it. (ouch, that hurt)

Gordon Brown's Peso up today against everything. Eur 1.13 Dollar 1.5, Aussie 1.22

Can any of ypu bright sparks explain or is it a combo of what is happening to those currencies( another US bailout/ EU rate cut/ China dip) rather than any strength in ours?

Prices also deviate from fair value. Sometimes for protracted periods of time and by large amounts. I suspect that this is market noise around a lower fair value rather than a fundamental positive re-assessment of the relative value of Sterling.

Blinking heck I didn't think things had got that bad. Will have to revisit my emigration plan!

Sterling has been in a fairly tight trading range against dollar for nearly three months now. Not worth getting excited about daily movements.

Against the US $ and the €, the pound isn't up to where it was a week ago yet.

Highest against the Aussie dollar for nearly a month though. Aussies dollar on the way down?

Aussie Dollar 1.22???

It's your second suggestion, that the other currencies are weaker, not the GBPeso stronger.

I'm really beginning to wish I'd bought the shiny yellow metal some years ago, but what to actually do with it in practical terms held me back, but I guess even if I'd sold it now for GBPesos I'd be laughing. Just going to smack myself in the face now for not listening when people on here suggested it. (ouch, that hurt)

http://www.bullionvault.com/

physical gold ownership, vaulted in 3 locations.

Should i buy my Euros now or later in Feb?

I don't think it will be that different then. I think that with no understanding of currency, just in my waters.

presumably ireland collapsing has something to do with weakening the euro

nationalising banks, chatting to the IMF - how long before ireland is out the Euro - within 6 months?

then the rest to follow

i expect the euro will be a core of countries at some point, based around germany

so - germany, belgium, austria, luxembourg, france, holland