House Price Crash Forum

So This Would Be Some Of The Public Works Being Brought Forward By The Government Then?

grantch

HOLA441

Government delays £5bn FE College programme

Just in case there was anyone deluded enough to believe that Crash was really going to bring forward public works programmes to encourage spending! It seems that unless you are a bank, or can convince him that you are, you don't win.

Now, I have to say that I do believe we should be seriously scaling back public spending anyway - so this is not necessarily a bad thing, but I wish NuLabia would come clean and admit that they haven't got a clue what to do.

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest sillybear2

Yup, and the government blames the banks for pulling in their horns :-

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article...-shortfall.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7777675.stm

NuLabour wouldn't recognise counter cyclical measures even if it kicked them in the ar$e, it just goes to show that any new government spending will not be on critical infrastructure or capital projects that benefit the country going forward, but will be wasted on non-jobs in order to buy votes in the short term run up to an election. There will be billions in public spending, not a penny will be spared, but don't expect any new colleges, power stations, rail lines or road improvements.

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA444
There are plenty of areas to do this, one if the stupid fooking pointless ID card scheme.

However this appears to be one of Ponzi Brown's pet projects so this won't get cancelled.

And don't get me started about the Children's database.

How the heck having my children's details on a massive database that can be accessed by 400,000 strangers makes them one iota safer than not being on the database is completely beyond me, particularly when the government can't even protect the children that are on the much smaller at-risk register.

HOLA445
And don't get me started about the Children's database.

How the heck having my children's details on a massive database that can be accessed by 400,000 strangers makes them one iota safer than not being on the database is completely beyond me, particularly when the government can't even protect the children that are on the much smaller at-risk register.

That does sound like a one stop shop for paedo's.

This govt is obsessed with collecting data for no purpose what so ever other than to give civil servants something to do.

It's like they have a meeting to say they've run out of work and then think what data they could collect next.

HOLA446
This govt is obsessed with collecting data for no purpose what so ever other than to give civil servants something to do.

It's like they have a meeting to say they've run out of work and then think what data they could collect next.

Spot on. We all know the type of personality we're dealing with here; weak, but with a desire to control; limited imagination; "savior" psychosis; Distrusting; Low confidence or self-esteem.

We find them in low ranking jobs in the private sector - usually in planning or quality jobs (in large corporations that can keep you well away from actually doing anything). The public sector is their spiritual home though, especially if they can get into something hideously nihilistic like Trading Standards.

Collecting data is pefect for them, and it's no wonder that you will tear ID cards from Crash's cold, dead fingers.

HOLA447
Yup, and the government blames the banks for pulling in their horns :-

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article...-shortfall.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7777675.stm

NuLabour wouldn't recognise counter cyclical measures even if it kicked them in the ar$e, it just goes to show that any new government spending will not be on critical infrastructure or capital projects that benefit the country going forward, but will be wasted on non-jobs in order to buy votes in the short term run up to an election. There will be billions in public spending, not a penny will be spared, but don't expect any new colleges, power stations, rail lines or road improvements.

Could not agree more. This is the time for investing in capital projects that will benefit us when we pull out of the recession / depression. They should be bargaining hard with the contractors, who would otherwise be sitting on their arses claiming dole. Ensuring food security should be the top priority though as we may not be be able to afford imported food much longer.