House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
delboypass

Lloyds Morgage Calculator

was reading about llyods reducing their morgage rates to 3.5% and then also that they had a 10 year fix..

looking at the article on llyods, link to their mortgage calculator..

Looks like at £30k they will still lend me 5 1/2 times salary in a recession/depression/economic meltdown.

Lloyds borrowing calculator

I love banks..

was reading about llyods reducing their morgage rates to 3.5% and then also that they had a 10 year fix..

looking atthe article on llyods, link to their morgage calculator..

Looks like at £30k they will still lend me 5 1/2 times salary in a recession/depression/economic meltdown.

Llyods borrowing calculator

I love banks..

Unreal, I just did this too, they would lend me and the missus about 5.5x JOINT earnings!!!! 

Unreal, I just did this too, they would lend me and the missus about 5.5x JOINT earnings!!!! 

I'm single & it offered me 5.5x my annual salary on a 50% LTV.

Is that calculator 2 years out of date?! :lol:

Calculator does not handle current rent very well

First i tried joint income of 23000 with mortgage 25% of value............refuse to lend to me on it.

Then i tried single income of 23000 with 25% LTV and they will lend 16,000

Then i halved the rent and they will lend 77,000

If i remove the rent altogether they will lend me 122,000

Edited by aliveandkicking

max of £331,000

with 10% LTV

if you put in around £60,000 double income

max of £147,000

with 10% LTV

if you put in around £30,000 single income.

These are fantasy figures aren't they?

Calculator does not handle current rent very well

First i tried joint income of 23000 with mortgage 25% of value............refuse to lend to me on it.

Then i tried single income of 23000 with 25% LTV and they will lend 16,000

Then i halved the rent and they will lend 77,000

If i remove the rent altogether they will lend me 122,000

I think it means rent you will continue paying not currently paying but will stop when you buy a house

max of £331,000

with 10% LTV

max of £147,000

with 10% LTV

Why do you say that? The income multiple is around 5.

The bank has fantastic security with a 10% LTV

Seems reasonable to me.

looking atthe article on llyods, link to their morgage calculator..

Llyods borrowing calculator

I love banks..

they'll only lend me £106k

doesn't make sense

About 320k. Or 4 times joint.

Which is about 120k more than I borrowed from them 2 years ago. Although at the time they offered me up to 700K, but only because I have significant assets (400k) as security if required. Without the assets as security, they recommended I take 3 times joint to get the best rate. I took 2.7 times joint in the end, (more than enough for a 3 bed victorian terrace w/garden in a really nice area) with a 10% down, and got a tracker at BOE + 0.5%, and a SVR cap of BOE +2%.

I think this calculator is a rough guide at best. I wouldn't take it at face value at all.

Edited by HAMISH_MCTAVISH

This is the power of nationalisation, all they need now is for people to take them out. A mania supported house prices to these levels in the absence of a mania they have a lot further to fall. The lending levels and cost of borrowings is obscene but we are going to whiteness the pushing string conundrum.

max of £331,000

with 10% LTV

max of £147,000

with 10% LTV

The LTVs you put in a very low but the fact that they will lend a higher proportion of joint income than single income does highlight the problem that people trying to buy with single incomes have faced recently. For example, a couple on £25k each would have as much borrowing power as a single person on £60k.

it says that, with about a 50% deposit, they would lend me and my wife what in effect is almost exactly six times our joint income.

Yep,

It's the big deposits that they all like now. I got a result of 4x single income with a 40% deposit.

Unbelievable. They'll lend me and the missus 5.9x joint income, when I put 75% of property "value".

No fecking way in hell I could afford the repayments on that (although my definition of afford seems to differ from most people - my definition is can I afford it if the repayments double).

Yep,

It's the big deposits that they all like now. I got a result of 4x single income with a 40% deposit.

Wouldn't say so, I got 4x income with a 10% deposit. No credit outgoings or anything like that though.

Unbelievable. They'll lend me and the missus 5.9x joint income, when I put 75% of property "value".

No fecking way in hell I could afford the repayments on that (although my definition of afford seems to differ from most people - my definition is can I afford it if the repayments double).

Having lived through Black Wednesday, that's my definition too.

4.2x joint with 80% LTV. Was a stupidly high number which would have quickly led to financial stress/difficulties in the event of even a small increase in lending rates. I really do not know what these people are on.

Same here saying I could get over 5x joint even on a 90% value.

We could actually pay the mortgage payments at current interest rates (around 6% is what I'm seeing offered on a FTB fixed at the moment) but it they went up even a couple of % or one of us lost our job we wouldn't have any chance of doing so.

5.6x Joint at 75% LTV. Madness, utter utter madness.

Of course they'd never offer this much in reality....

Same here, 75% LTV said max was 5.6x joint income - cant see they would ever have leant the amount that popped up though, and I would have to be suicidal to take on that much debt.

I did a 10% deposit and they will lend 4.6x JOINT income of GF and I. We couldn't 'afford' to borrow that much money, we are looking at borrowing 60k less than that which is still a little uncomfortable if one of us lost our job permanently. (ie: children, shudder). Fortunately i don't need anything like the amount they are offering to get the 3bed semi (my idea of a starter home which if we got stuck in we could grow into for some time).