House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Hypnotists, Horse Dentists And Tv Extras

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...dit-crunch.html

A Tory MP has demanded a ban on police officers having second jobs after it emerged some are lingerie sellers, hypnotists and TV extras in their spare time.

Shadow police minister David Ruffley thinks officers' jobs are too important for them to be compromised 'in any way' following revelations.

Research showed more than 4,300 officers in forces across the UK have other income sources or business interests outside of work to make ends meet and help beat the credit crunch.

Bloody Police, coming here and taking our jobs flogging lingerie!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...dit-crunch.html

Bloody Police, coming here and taking our jobs flogging lingerie!

Most of them get a decent wedge already, with overtime, and I would have thought that it was was one of the most recession-proof jobs, especially if there is an increase in civil disorder.

Perhaps the real reason is that they have simply overspent (along with everyone else)?

Many years ago a Police Officer I knew told me to never join the Police Force due to the high divorce rate. He was getting out as he felt that his collegues were mostly cynical believing that everyone was a crook, a liar or both.

So maybe they are mostly working two jobs to pay the alimony?

Most of them get a decent wedge already, with overtime, and I would have thought that it was was one of the most recession-proof jobs, especially if there is an increase in civil disorder.

Perhaps the real reason is that they have simply overspent (along with everyone else)?

while I'm sure many of them ARE having difficulties that require them to take on a second job, surprising as it sounds, many of them might just like working.

there are still a few people around that fill their time with as much work as possible, even without financial difficulties.

Many years ago a Police Officer I knew told me to never join the Police Force due to the high divorce rate. He was getting out as he felt that his collegues were mostly cynical believing that everyone was a crook, a liar or both.

Funny, that's the way I see Police Officers <_<

while I'm sure many of them ARE having difficulties that require them to take on a second job, surprising as it sounds, many of them might just like working.

there are still a few people around that fill their time with as much work as possible, even without financial difficulties.

And there's nothing wrong with that at all, providing you like what you are doing! Sadly, some don't. :(

Guest LongBlackKilt
A Tory MP has demanded a ban on police officers having second jobs after it emerged some are lingerie sellers, hypnotists and TV extras in their spare time.

Shadow police minister David Ruffley thinks officers' jobs are too important for them to be compromised 'in any way' following revelations.

And there was me just thinking that we're approaching Revelations. I never did have the true political instinct.

Interesting muddle if you study the headline and details on this story. Maybe we should stare 'gift horses' in the mouth because what they offer are pants.

...and I'm sure their shift work is quite compatable with a second job, (BTW, can Police Officers still take a 2 x year sabatical?).

F68ing police officers! working for a living! then trying to earn even more money taking up sideline jobs in the private sector in their spare time! they should all be shot just like they shot maddie lolz zomg wtf!!!1!!one!!

F68ing police officers! working for a living! then trying to earn even more money taking up sideline jobs in the private sector in their spare time! they should all be shot just like they shot maddie lolz zomg wtf!!!1!!one!!

Have you been drinking?

Have you been drinking?

I have the day of tomorrow. Maybe I'll work as a horse dentist or something, unless that makes me "scum" in the HPC book of jobs-that-are-non-jobs, which at the moment includes the entire public sector and just about the entire private sector.

Edited by jonewer

I have the day of tomorrow. Maybe I'll work as a horse dentist or something, unless that makes me "scum" in the HPC book of jobs-that-are-non-jobs, which at the moment includes the entire public sector and just about the entire private sector.

You should have worked out by now Jonewer that HPC is just a clever front organisation for unpaid voluntary organisations.

(I can get you in at Christian Aid if you PM me and ask nicely ;) )

A woman I know once told me that she thought most policemen were lazy and stupid. I thought it a very odd thing to say as she is married to a senior detective and she used to be a Police Special herself.

A woman I know once told me that she thought most policemen were lazy and stupid. I thought it a very odd thing to say as she is married to a senior detective and she used to be a Police Special herself.

Very well placed to offer an opinion perhaps?

You should have worked out by now Jonewer that HPC is just a clever front organisation for unpaid voluntary organisations.

(I can get you in at Christian Aid if you PM me and ask nicely ;) )

Dont be silly. As any good HPC'er knows, charities are just out to maintain the status quo.

Can I be in your gang?

I'm afriad my gang is just a bunch of non-job parasite locust sheeple. You wouldnt be interested.

I'm afriad my gang is just a bunch of non-job parasite locust sheeple. You wouldnt be interested.

OK. I'll join the Green Party instead. All they do is sit around all day smoking pot and drinking homemade ale don't they?

Edited by Notlongnow

OK. I'll join the Green Party instead. All they do is sit around all day smoking pot and drinking homemade ale don't they?

There are worse ways to spend your time. Anything that involves working in an office, for example.

No, dont you know ale is the tipple of the privately educated idiots? Just like the government educated idiots have their (whatever) drink. Anyone who is educated is a parasite scum idiot non-jobber toof-chav in HPC land! Not to mention those un-educated scumdog parasite ioit chav-toff BTLer banker EA surveyor doctor nurse dentist policeman fireman bus driver etc etc etc...