House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not Long Now

New York Plane Crash

Crash landed on the Hudson, and it's still floating!

Well its an airbus not a boeing, so i'd expect that. Boeings sink fast, never ever sit in the back half of a boeing.

You've been here a year, made almost 2000 posts and still not found the off topic forum yet? :rolleyes:

I prefer to let the moderators make a judgement call on what constitutes a topic that affects house prices.

It could be relevant.

Perhaps it was taking Banking Execs on a jolly to Washington to see the president?

You've been here a year, made almost 2000 posts and still not found the off topic forum yet? :rolleyes:

The Heathrow thread is buzzing nicely, seems strangely on-topic to me. :blink:

hope nobody hurt and so on but it it rather amusing the way it's floating off down the river

hope nobody hurt and so on but it it rather amusing the way it's floating off down the river

Yeah. So we can make jokes about someone trying to take down a load of bankers.

Seriously though, remarkable pictures of a great big plane floating down the Hudson, seemingly in one piece!

Perhaps it was taking Banking Execs on a jolly to Washington to see the president?

:lol:

We should be so lucky!

It's also being discussed in the Heathrow thread, which is very slightly on topic.

The life jackets do have a purpose then.

In those water temps i say you have 2-5 mins...................mind you if they kept you frozen they could bring you back in say 50 years...............we should have the credit crunch sorted by then.

Mike

Yeah. So we can make jokes about someone trying to take down a load of bankers.

Seriously though, remarkable pictures of a great big plane floating down the Hudson, seemingly in one piece!

Just heard there were in fact a number of Bank Of America employees on board! :blink:

Just heard there were in fact a number of Bank Of America employees on board! :blink:

False bank attack! :ph34r: Controlled bird strike! I'm a free thinker! You sheeple need to get on board!!!three!!

from StarTribune.com - link:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Bank of America Corp. says a number of its employees were on board a US Airways plane that crashed into New York's Hudson River.

Nicole Nastacie, a spokeswoman for the Charlotte-based bank, said Thursday that Bank of America is "in the process of confirming their whereabouts and are working closely with the local authorities to gather further information."

Authorities said US Airways Flight 1549 crashed after striking a bird that disabled two engines, sending 150 people on board scrambling onto rescue boats.

At Charlotte-Douglas International Airport, the flight was still listed on information screens as a pending arrival, scheduled to land at 5:16 p.m. and pull into gate 5B.

Guest sillybear2

Flying with bankers is like taking your chance with a group of terrorists, they are God's doomed people.

Flying with bankers is like taking your chance with a group of terrorists, they are God's doomed people.

Karma's a bitch, isn't it? :ph34r:

Guest sillybear2
Karma's a bitch, isn't it? :ph34r:

Karma is great, it's just the collateral damage I'm worried about!