House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LuckyOne

Can We Please Put The Green Shoots To Rest ....

I am getting a bit bored with the whole green shoots thing .....

There may be some shoots trying to push their way out of the ground. To imply for a moment that they are harbingers of spring in that delicate shade of green that portends better things to come is completely insane.

What we are seeing instead is more and more things pushing their way out of the ground that are more brownish than green in colour. There could be three reasons to describe them as brown shoots :

1. They are already dead before they make their way out of the ground and brown is the best way to describe their withered, decaying state.

2. They are named after our "fearless leader"

3. They accurately describe the colour of the deposits made in people's pants as they continue to understand the severity of the problems that we face.

There are no green shoots, only Brown shoots. My choice to capitalise the "B" gives my vote away ......

Edited by LuckyOne

Guest LongBlackKilt
I am getting a bit bored with the whole green shoots thing .....

There may be some shoots trying to push their way out of the ground. To imply for a moment that they are harbingers of spring in that delicate shade of green that portends better things to come is completely insane.

What we are seeing instead is more and more things pushing their way out of the ground that are more brownish than green in colour. There could be three reasons to describe them as brown shoots :

1. They are already dead before they make their way out of the ground and brown is the best way to describe their withered, decaying state.

2. They are named after our "fearless leader"

3. They accurately describe the colour of the deposits made in people's pants as they continue to understand the severity of the problems that we face.

There are no green shoots, only Brown shoots. My choice to capitalise the "B" gives my vote away ......

This may be the thread on which to define a major new intellectual concept:

pseudo-Green politics [or green shoots] mixed with Broon leadership as amounting to Khaki. With the possibility of a similarly-named election.

Aaah, so much better to get that out of my system!

[Knew that you tolerant chaps wouldn't mind.]

I bet she has no problem at all getting a man. A nice uniform, a pair of handcuffs and a load of cannabis plants.

What a way to spend the weekend.

Either that or she is an official tending to the gardens of the property rampers brigade ........

I bet she has no problem at all getting a man. A nice uniform, a pair of handcuffs and a load of cannabis plants.

What a way to spend the weekend.

Don't forget the rubber gloves! Oooooh, matron!

If we faced imminent global nuclear war and the destruction of all, there would still be the odd green shoot. Those selling bunkers, narcotics, and sex would be doing a roaring trade. It's all about perception. Always look on the bright side of life! Green shoots will never wither!

Besides 'Green Shoots' can be considered to convey racist connotations towards the fruit and vegetable communities.

Edited by Dave Spart

Good old Daily Mash:

GREEN SHOOTS OF RECOVERY REVEALED AS PUTREFYING FINGERS OF THE DEAD

CLAIMS the UK was seeing the green shoots of recovery were withdrawn last night after they were revealed to be nothing more than the mouldy fingers of the recently deceased.

More...

Link

Peter.