House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BrickandMortar

Ac Milan Considering Over £100m For Kaka From Man City Owner

Perhaps there is a no measure for the end of a boom.

There is a link between tall buildings and the end of booms, perhaps there is now a link between transfers and salaries for sports stars.

I did read one quote saying the salary would be £500k a week, this I thought was just paper talk but that would be truly taking the piss in this environment.

Do the owners think they will get any return on this? The would need massive mechanising just to recover his wages then you've got all the other players.

Guest LongBlackKilt
Ac Milan Considering Over £100m For Kaka From Man City Owner

So they're still dicing and slicing this stuff??

Breaking news?? Is been all over the news since about midday.

This from newspaper on-line yesterday:

"AC Milan star Kaka reportedly turned down a world record £100-million transfer to Manchester City on Wednesday.

The Brazil international was quoted on the website of Mediaset, the company controlled by Milan president and Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, as saying that he planned to stay at Milan."

fans are stupid to pay £25 for a ticket and £5 for a burger for this brainless sport.

And they travel all over the country causing global warming in the process.

fans are stupid to pay £25 for a ticket and £5 for a burger for this brainless sport.

And they travel all over the country causing global warming in the process.

Where is it that cheap in the Premiership? At Man City? Its over £30 at nearly all of them and £48 at Chelsea.

Guest LongBlackKilt
No, you have misunderstood. There won't be any other players, just Kaka :lol:

Sorta like Derby County. It's a Tragedy of the [Kris] Commons.

Where is it that cheap in the Premiership? At Man City? Its over £30 at nearly all of them and £48 at Chelsea.

I have absolutely no idea. I dont indulge.

One of my delivery drivers will happily pay £150 for a day with travel to watch his team. i think its all he lives for. So sad.

The football club is presumably run with the aim of making a profit, so the fact they can afford to pay out such vast sums says a lot about how much revenue they can generate.

On the other hand surely all their revenue sources are likely to be hit by the crunch? Sky Sports subscriptions bound to be cut, less ticket sales at the ground, less advertising revenue from struggling firms?

It does seem like a bizare move in the current climate.

Breaking News Breaking News.

Worlds Greatest Expert on Accumulating Debt Appointed to Man City Board.

Shiekh Al OnceHadALotofMoney is pleased to announce that Mr G Brown has agreed to Join the board of Manchester City. Shiekh Al NotMuchMoneyLeft said "We are pleased to welcome Mr Brown to the board of Madchester City, his recent experience of issueing bonds to the tune of 1trillion pounds based on a well dodgy economic model is exactly the expertise we need. We plan to be at least 1 billion in debt by the end of January and we are well on the way.

I still remember him bending over to adjust his shinpads while a ball got played across to Vladimir Smicer, allowing him time to smash home the 2nd goal of the Greatest Comeback Of All Time, the recovery by Liverpool from 3-0 down to Milan to lift the European Cup.

as long as fans keep paying silly prices to watch a game of football , the players will be continued to be paid obscene wages .

I gave up going to watch Southampton FC years ago , not because of the performance of the team (Which , let's face it ,has rarely been that good over the last 20 odd years) but because I was not prepared to be made a fool of .

For the recent visit of Man Utd , they charged £30 !!! . Half a nights wages to watch 90 minutes of boredom ? No thanks ,I have better things to spend my money on .

I am well aware , however ,that , on this subject I am in a very small minority

SKY BREAKING NEWS

Titanic Sunk. Many feared drowned.

News just in, dinosaurs extinct.

as long as fans keep paying silly prices to watch a game of football , the players will be continued to be paid obscene wages .

But for Man City and Chelsea who are owned by billionaires, they wouldn't give a s**t if the stadium was half empty, which it is at Man City sometimes.

If UEFA or FIFA really gave a rat's about the future of the game, rather than lining there own pockets, they'd have clauses about capital limits or wage caps (Not a limit on wages which is incorrectly quoted a lot, a limit on %age of turnover for wages like Rugby League).

So many of the players live in a rarified atmosphere (look how many have one arm covered in tatoos like rap star w*****s), that there's a shock coming to some of them. I live in hope, although I doubt footballers will ever receive working class wages again, like the 50s / 60s when some of them they used to live in the same streets and go to the ground on the bus with the fans (Bobby Robson was one).