House Price Crash Forum

"Strongest indication yet that we are headed for a recession"... :rolleyes:

Then some short piece about big yachts not being sold. This new stunning revelation about the state of the UK economy was from the nicely named - National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR)

Are they not a little bit behind the curve.... :ph34r:

To be fair they also have that story about that scumbag Councillor (Christine Reeves) who lobbed out pensioners so she could live in their houses.

Christine Reeves was earning £52,000 per year. Her rent for this house in the City Centre was £42 per week.

I love this country. :(

Then some short piece about big yachts not being sold. This new stunning revelation about the state of the UK economy was from the nicely named - National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR)

Are they not a little bit behind the curve.... :ph34r:

To be fair they also have that story about that scumbag Councillor (Christine Reeves) who lobbed out pensioners so she could live in their houses.

Christine Reeves was earning £52,000 per year. Her rent for this house in the City Centre was £42 per week.

Give some people a good deal and they will still want even more. :ph34r: never satisfied with what they have and sad to say are happy to take from the disadvantaged to prop up their own greed and incompetence.

They had a piece on local news saying she was considering taking the decision to tribunal.

Munter.

I doubt they'll move from brownturn as it does imply it's only temporary before the upturn.

Plus by the time the BBC wants to change it we'll probably be in full blown depression.

I think you will find that it is indeed a "negative upturn", or "a shrinking boom"!

A councillor is elected while a council officer works for the council for a salry and administers policy and services. Please get the distinction right.

Yes that's right.

The only problem is working whether the staff are more corrupt than the Councillors or vicky verky.

I don't want to be completely cynical, there are a few decent people on both sides. (note the word 'few')

have they moved on from the word "downturn" to recession? Is Mandy having a weekend off?

I was a little shocked. Although they did only say 'heading' for a recession.

They also said something about the Government doing all they could to 'stave it off'.