House Price Crash Forum

it's nothing new it's just that the press don't talk about it that much else all the estate agents would not spend so much on adverts.

in a faling market many people do a bit of Gazundering as soon as the survey comes in, it normal

Thanks for pointing out that website ... looks very much in tone to First Time Buyer Help except that they support gazundering ...

I have to say that even as much as I detest the current housing market, I am not an advocate of gazundering any more than I would advocate gazumping.

If you're such a weak price negotiator that you can't negotiate the price down fairly and then you pull a trick like gazundering, then you should prepare for it to backfire on you.

Interestingly the site's creators have said that they wish to remain anonymous because they've been "threatened and intimidated by the real estate industry".

I wish I could say that I've become important and influential enough to earn such threats but alas not yet !! :rolleyes:

What an odious site. Full of misrepresentations and untruths.

One as an example.

"Most chains end in a new build purchase from a developer, they can afford to sustain the loss therefore no-one loses"

Bit like OKing shoplifting in Tescos as "they make loads of profit"

The whole tenet of the site seems to be "lets have a crash" so we, the website creators, can benefit from the next rising cycle.

And finally check out the photo of our lovable couples - what a bunch of t*ssers. Photo was probably taken at their local church fete.

And finally check out the photo of our lovable couples - what a bunch of t*ssers. Photo was probably taken at their local church fete.

I'd say that the photo isn't really them at all. Probably some sort of "stock" photo.

If they're keeping their names anonymous I doubt they'd put their real faces on the site, either.

What an odious site. Full of misrepresentations and untruths.

One as an example.

"Most chains end in a new build purchase from a developer, they can afford to sustain the loss therefore no-one loses"

Bit like OKing shoplifting in Tescos as "they make loads of profit"

The whole tenet of the site seems to be "lets have a crash" so we, the website creators, can benefit from the next rising cycle.

why not stick to developers and investors.? they're the ones screwing the young families.

sustain this.

(sound of twin 50mm's opening up)

I've just been reading the strategy for Gazundering at http://www.firstHomeBuyer.co.uk

This seems like an excellent idea, I think I'm going to give it a go.  Who else has tried this?

As a seller, I would make it clear to the buyer that the Agent

was instructed NOT to pass on any attempts to undercut the

agreed price. If the Agent received any such instruction, they

are to merely tell me that the buyer has decided not to proceed

with the sale.

The buyer would then know that any attempt to gazunder will

simply not work.

But then, I 'm just a newbie.

If you borrow 90% of the property's price, does a typical monthly capital repayment mortgage consume more than 20% of the average monthly income for a family in this area? If the answer is NO, then the price is speculative

From the website. Do people on here agree with this? Doesn't it assume that every property should be an "average" priced, and therefore average sized property? Should every single house on the market really be affordable to the average family?

with the sale.

simply not work.

Then you are without a sale in a failing market, best pass the lose up the chain or better still get out whilst you can.

gazunder is music to my ears after all these years and it's our turn now and putting your head in the sand will not save you or make it go away.

gazunder here

gazunder there

whhheeeeeeeeewho the lion sleeps tonight :lol:

From the website. Do people on here agree with this? Doesn't it assume that every property should be an  "average" priced, and therefore average sized property? Should every single house on the market really be affordable to the average family?

Typical of the rest of the rubbish.

Poorly thought out website doing no-one any favours.

Then you are without a sale in a failing market, best pass the lose up the chain or better still get out whilst you can.

gazunder is music to my ears after all these years and it's our turn now and putting your head in the sand will not save you or make it go away.

gazunder here

gazunder there

whhheeeeeeeeewho the lion sleeps tonight  :lol:

Go back to Belgium. Or don't you like the immigrants there either?

I seem to remember you stating on another website that your girlfriend illegally claims benefits - she still doing it?

Leicester must be a great place to aspire to.

with the sale.

simply not work.

But then, I 'm just a newbie.

a. Yes, but if you really needed the cash, and the agent said to you `the buyer has pulled out', then you might say to the agent `I really need the cash, ask him if he'll still proceed if I give him a 15k discount'

b. The agent is obliged to pass on any offer. A `gazunder' is technically an offer which has to be passed on.

c. I don't like taxes, I don't like the congestion charge, I don't like paying for my TV license. But these things are part of life, because they are the law - and gazundering is the law too, like it or not.

I've just been reading the strategy for Gazundering at http://www.firstHomeBuyer.co.uk

This seems like an excellent idea, I think I'm going to give it a go.  Who else has tried this?

A disgusting little site IMHO.

Forget whether it is legal - Do unto other as you would have them do unto you.

If you dont want to get caught in this bubble - WAIT

I intend to keep the moral high ground throughout this crash and those that I buy from will trust my word.

My word IS my bond.

What a horrible little country we live when it comes to this. These people are worse than chavs, the'yd sell their grandma's for ten grand off asking.....and hows that going to help when prices fall 50%.

I hope their gazundered offer is accepted in the morning.

TW*TS - all three slap-headed goons.

A disgusting little site IMHO.

Forget whether it is legal - Do unto other as you would have them do unto you.

I second that.

A quote from the site:

Make sure the seller is part of a chain - he will be in the middle of completing a purchase on his next home and will be unable to refuse your gazunder.

Being in a chain is very very stressful. Some chains can last 12 months or even more. Some people in the chain might be moving for genuine reasons, it really is unfair to cause them any more stress.

All is fair in war.

I reckon Buyers should work the system for all its worth.

Its not like there is no insider trading, or gazumpers in the time of market highs, or backhanders, is there.....

In Scotland at least they have a sensible system.

If England doesnt want one because estate agents can milk it for all its worth, whats fair on the way up, is more than fair on the way down!