House Price Crash Forum

I realise different areas peak at different times, but lets talk Land Registary prices ballpark September 2004.

Right I'll start it off:

Bottom      Time scale

26.75%                          Dec 2007

Personally I think it will be barely tanned maybe with a visible bikini line, on the slightly plump side, nicely rounded, but unfortunately with a quite few areas of potted cellulite. :unsure:

On the market side, probably being sold all areas access to the like of KOTC and TTRTR for a old Victorian door knob.

Edited by shakerbaby

Hopefully... 20% within 6 months....

Unfortunately probably

1PC deflation each month for the next 5 months, possibly accelerating

Accelerating once it REAALY hits home and people are loosing their jobs...

2-5% deflation over 2 months therafter

who knows after that? Think the economyis going to fare far worse though. Why is it always the tories that have to sort Labours shit out?

all I know is Brown has Fu**ed it good - o and will not be PM. Willing to put a bet on at ladbrokes actually. Although I am quite looking forward to the speech the tories will be giving Benefit claiming types once they get back in....

something along the lines of "well, the 12 year party and holiday you were on is now officially on.... You want to eat, go and Fu**ing work!"

Slow upward movement thereafter for another three to five years

I think the stagnation scenarios here would have to rely upon no external shocks to the economy during the next five years.

I wouldn't discount no shocks happening personally, when it appears that there are so many global concerns like the US debt, China and the oil price.

Guest muttley
I think the stagnation scenarios here would have to rely upon no external shocks to the economy during the next five years. 

I wouldn't discount no shocks happening personally, when it appears that there are so many global concerns like the US debt, China and the oil price.

That's the problem with unforeseen events.You can't foresee them.

Failing a trigger down 20-30% over 3-5 years.

Just my opinion.I reserve my right to change my mind for no apparent reason.

Using Land Registry - 30% by 2009

BUT there will then be a small resurgance but not back to summer 2004 then there will be a second slump - just like equities: 2000 high - 2003 low - 2005 mini high - 2006/7 serious low!

Down 10% 2005

Down 15% 2006

Down 10% 2007

Personally I will have to buy before this time otherwise terminal depression will set-in and the wife would have me knackers off if we have to live in someone elses house for much longer.

However I anticipate being able to get a 250K house for 200-215K within a year my hunting down the distressed buyers/ empty houses that seem to be sprouting up all around the area (SW London). :huh:

I think we are going to see accelerated falls over the next three years as confidence unravels and the true state of the UK economy starts to become apparent to even the most uninformed.

Then smaller falls for at least 2-3 more years, and stagnation for another couple of years or so.

I reckon 45% down by 2010.