House Price Crash Forum

Career Change In This Envronment

Trading Standards Officer. A bad recession/depression will create huge incentives to sell/import/maufacture stolen, dangerous or couterfeit goods. Customs and excise and Heath and Safety are probably going to need extra staff for broadly similar reasons.

First of all, rob a bank or something where you can get a lot of money. If you are sucessful and dont tell anybody you may get away with it, then clear off to Brazil or somewhere cheap and cheerful. That way you wont need a job again. If however you get caught, you will go to prison for stealing from the rich (dont rob grannies, you will get nothing and little or no prison service) While in prison you will be fed and bedded every night (hopefully not by some big chaps) and when you get out you will have priority housing given to you, along with priority training and job offers in something simple to learn and do. Unlike of course most of us, when you lose that technical clever job youve done for years and your particular line of buisness is falling apart then no one wants you for anything.

id be a prostitute except girls dont like me.

Try old gay men.

As I understand it, prostitutes are paid to have sex with people they otherwise would not have sex with.

no, they were saying this is doomed as more people with sky+ and people buy DVD and swap with friends.

Good call.

Memory sticks are the new good delivery bars.

...if it can be proven he is a VI for this stance ..he should be sacked...in the middle ages he would have been hung, drawn and quartered....for treason...and attempting to debase the currency .... <_<

I thought trashing the pound was current national policy?

I reckon flogging hooky fags and booze would be a winner, people will want to drown away their sorrows and smoke in stressful times. Of course that would require the pound to be worth something in exchange for foreign currencies in the countries where you intend to procure said dodgy fags and booze. Allegedly.

This recession will probably be so bad that most women will gladly f*ck someone for a packet of crisps.

How about a multi pack of Pickled Onion Monster Munch? Hmm...

Right, I'm gonna have an orgy! ;)

How about a multi pack of Pickled Onion Monster Munch? Hmm...

Right, I'm gonna have an orgy! ;)

The "only" job with guaranteed security (at least over the next five years ) is going to be POLITICIAN... funny that I never see them culling their own numbers..... even better try EU Politician.... or if you want real long term security then go for any EU admin type post or the real high flyers might be able to secure an unelected "have it for as long as you want" EU commissioner role... huge pension, £250k per year, car and driver, diplomatic status, £Massive "expense " account, unaccountable to pretty much anyone, etc etc......... thats what I would be looking at.... EU commissioner on cultural diversity... role chosen becasue of course eveyones so PC at the moment that doing nothing upsets least people therefore thats what they do, alongside producing well thought out proposals to reform the way we think about eachother through initiatives like renaming waterloo station or trafalgar square so that nothing remains to remind of past differences.

With that kind of security you could even enter the house buying game without fear.

Guest skullingtonjoe
If you were thinking of/could change your career, what do you think would be a sound choice, with regards the state of this country over the next 3-5 years and why?

A few I have thought of.....

Locksmith - very busy working on houses that have been repossessed

Funeral director - sadly people will constantly die

Emergency Plumber - Taps etc always go bad

Police Force (sorry, service) - As long as you can avoid riot duty!

Any others?

Safe sales rep.

The way the banks are going (especially with talk about taxing savings!!), people are going to take money out and start stashing cash at home. :blink:

Any others?

The world is still facing an energy crisis, so anything energy related is a very good bet for the foreseeable, IIRC just as ?...! has been saying for a while

'Offshore' skills are paticualrly valuable in the UK, able now to move straight from Oil & Gas into Renewables (wind & tidal) but IMO anything to do with renewables, nuclear or power distribution shoud be OK, massive skill gap ATM due to lack of investment over the last 20 years.