Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'interest rate rise'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • House Prices
    • House prices and the economy
    • Regional House Prices
    • All about renting
    • Anecdotals
    • All about self-build
    • All about buying, selling and mortgages
    • The classics
    • Market psychology
    • Economics
    • House Price Crash photo gallery
  • Current Affairs
    • Current affairs
    • Politics
    • Living overseas
  • Investment
    • Cash ISA's and Savings Accounts
    • Investment in general
    • Financial markets
    • Overseas property investment
    • Gold and other precious metals
  • About housepricecrash.co.uk
    • housepricecrash.co.uk in the media
    • About housepricecrash.co.uk
    • Ideas and Suggestions for Admin
    • Wiki Discussions/Ideas
  • Trolls
    • Troll sub-forum
  • Off Topic
    • The off-topic forum


  • House Price Crash Calendar

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL






About Me

Found 2 results

  1. Hi Im due to move back to NI in next few months , sold up in Scotland and am returning home ( just me and my young daughter ) with £180,000 to use wishly for our future . This is the question , what is the best move , im 52 ( working ) and want to get this right !! . In my head im thinking rent / wait - interest rates are bound to start rising soon , hence effecting the market ( better time to buy ) ,, or buy a small property cash , rent out and use rent from this to fund a mortgage for another home we would use ? ,, or or maybe buy a few buy-to-lets with minumim deposits ? Its an open question , and a bit of a mine field , but any advice is welcome Thank you
  2. Hello all I am new to this valuable and hope you can share your thoughts. My partner and I have managed to save up about £50k which should be enough to cover deposit and costs for the purchase of our first home. The question is whether to buy now or wait? We are renting at the moment in a nice but smallish 3 bed semi and would like to buy something along those lines. Prices for such properties are from around £350k - £400k which I feel is very high. Around £300k gets you a mid terrace. Our ideal property would currently have a repayment higher than our rent cost. I am prepared to wait if it makes sense to. I have read a lot on here about BTL changes, rising inflation and possible interest rate increases, Brexit etc...so much going on! So I am confused on what to do. I'd rather not rush and pay over the odds only for prices to drop. Wait or buy now? All thoughts are welcome Thanks
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.