Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'interest rate rise'.
Hi Im due to move back to NI in next few months , sold up in Scotland and am returning home ( just me and my young daughter ) with £180,000 to use wishly for our future . This is the question , what is the best move , im 52 ( working ) and want to get this right !! . In my head im thinking rent / wait - interest rates are bound to start rising soon , hence effecting the market ( better time to buy ) ,, or buy a small property cash , rent out and use rent from this to fund a mortgage for another home we would use ? ,, or or maybe buy a few buy-to-lets with minumim deposits ? Its an open question , and a bit of a mine field , but any advice is welcome Thank you
Hello all I am new to this valuable and hope you can share your thoughts. My partner and I have managed to save up about £50k which should be enough to cover deposit and costs for the purchase of our first home. The question is whether to buy now or wait? We are renting at the moment in a nice but smallish 3 bed semi and would like to buy something along those lines. Prices for such properties are from around £350k - £400k which I feel is very high. Around £300k gets you a mid terrace. Our ideal property would currently have a repayment higher than our rent cost. I am prepared to wait if it makes sense to. I have read a lot on here about BTL changes, rising inflation and possible interest rate increases, Brexit etc...so much going on! So I am confused on what to do. I'd rather not rush and pay over the odds only for prices to drop. Wait or buy now? All thoughts are welcome Thanks