Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'am i mad?'.
Hi all, need some advise on making a relatively urgent decision. I'm a full on HPC bear and hate what has happened to house prices because of the vested intrests in UK Gov, BTL scum, uncontrolled immigration (IMO), sheeple thinking 8x/10x salaray is good value etc. However I "need" to move away from curent house due to multiple noisy neighbours, mostly students, not helped by the pandemic as they decided the only venues they can use was their back gardens, the selfish idiots. Frankly the whole area is a noisy nightmare, and is a bit of dive now and just not suitable for families anymore (thanks universities and BTL scum), this was not the case 20 years ago. Now obviously, like many others i thought HMS HousePriceInflation would have hit an iceberg "years" ago, and prices should have come down by now, but as we know thanks to UK gov and the vested interests it's done the opposite. So my options, I'm thinking is to rent for 6 months and see where we are around Christmas RE house prices, or bite the bullet and buy over the summer, at possibly peak madness prices. Frankly the thought of paying a rent to scumlord makes me feel slightly violoated but if prices were to drop by say 10k by xmas it would kind of cancel it out. But what are the pros & cons of either approach, during the time scale Im looking at? Are more rentals likely to hit the market due to the eviction ban ending? If i bought during the summer what are the chance it's the peak of all peaks? Sods law it will be! But things like only haveing to move once etc, i guess can't be underestimated? But either way, I have to do one or the other regardless, so thoughts appreciated. And if i were to buy and it was Peaky McPeakface, i guess i could (kind of) live it if prices crashed (despite waiting all this time!). Basically, and fundamentally i just need somewhere else to live. N.b. I went to see a rental, which i liked, and sadly there was a lot of other interest, but the vendor seem to quite like my profile. But it's unlikely it's still availible however would like to get back to him tomorrow either way, hence slightly more urgent. Please note I am first time buyer and really don't understand the buying process or how to be canny about it all. P.s. My buying limit is £250k and will have a 70k, possibly 80k deposit, although maybe I should be looking to minimise the deposit and stretching myself like every other moron? Edit - as long as i'm out of my current property by mid sept (at the very latest) is the key thing so may be I have a tad more time?