Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum


New Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Iamnotsure

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi everyone,I'm a 31yr old first time buyer getting really fed up with the house buying process at the mo. Earlier this year, I was close to buying a dream property unfortunately a lack of building regs and a bad survey meant that it would have been too expensive for me since house was top of my budget. I'm renting at the moment, a place that is very cheap but getting too small now. Soon after this house purchase fell through, we visited a house in the same village and put an offer on it as it was more in budget and we thought it ticked a lot of boxes. My plan was to try and overpay to the max to get the mortgage paid off in 8 years. But there are a few issues. It is local connection which we obviously knew about. But what we didn't know is that you can only rent it out for 12 months. This worries me as we are planning to move again in 5 years and I was hoping to rent it out if I wasn't able to sell. We have also found out that the conservatory does not have planning permission. Restrictive covenants also means that we can't put a hedge or fence up to close off the garden. At certain angles the whole garden can be seen from the estate. A private garden is important to me. Another issue is that a planning indemnity policy is in place. We have asked why? The sellers say that they do not know...!? Their solicitor answered "don't know" to a lot of enquiries. They also refused to pay for the indemnity policy at first. Now they are saying they will pay the indemnity policy if we exchange and complete now. I'm not happy to move during kickdown. Work for me is incredibly busy. I'm a postwoman and it is busier than Christmas. Im finding the daily phonrcalls stressful. I don't want to be picking up my phone when I'm working as I have no handwashing facilities whilst at work. All the shops are closed. I wanted to replace carpets. They have three cats and I'm allergic asthmatic. I cannot move without getting all the stuff I need. Also the sellers are living with their daughter elsewhere but some of their stuff is in the house and garage. They are wondering if I move in now and they can pick their stuff up after lock down. No thanks! I'm very nervous as well about losing lots of money. My husband and I are planning to move on to his family's farm but for reasons I won't get into this won't happen for 5 to 10 yrs. I'm worried about buying a house that I can't sell easily or even rent out. To give you my financial situation. My husband and I are classed as essential workers so we still have our jobs. We earn over roughly 35k per tax joint income which I appreciate is not a great deal but house prices not too bad in the part of Cornwall that we are in. We have perfect credit scores and £56,000 savings including help to buy isa. I want to move forward in life but this is not an easily saleable house. I've told estate agents and solicitor that I want to wait till after lockdown but they keep pushing. Also they do not have a boiler installation certificate and do not have any inspection reports. I offered 160k. Guide price was 155 to 165 but estate agent said 160 was minimum.... I should have not been played.... Also haven't even had a homebuyers report yet. The surveyor is not available till 2 weeks after lockdown.
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.