Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

spiker

New Members
  • Content Count

    30
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About spiker

  • Rank
    HPC Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. That seems like a pipe dream, certainly in London. Can get a half decent terrace house for £350k, 50% off that is £175k Most small families could easily afford that and wouldn't be out of reach. hard to see how the prices would ever fall that much in London for prices in that price range, I'd be surprised to see 15% falls TBH
  2. With the rate of money printing its hard to see how FIAT currency won't be devalued. Therefore is it not reasonable to expect house prices to rise, although in real terms they may actually fall. But would be good for anyone currently holding large amounts of debt.
  3. What about living and working remotely from Tenerife during the UK Autumn/Winter months (just under 6 months), then come back to the UK for the Spring/summer months (just over 6 months). That has large appeal for me, especially if 'Work From Anywhere' becomes the norm
  4. Yea I would much rather hold my own keys and have done in the past (with the hardware wallet). However during crazy price movements its incredibly difficult to just sit on your hands and do nothing. Therefore I find the SIPP works for me right now as I cant touch that money until 55 so much easier to ride out the volatility that way.
  5. The best to listen to is chamath palihapitiya. Search youtube for 'chamath palihapitiya bitcoin'
  6. I moved some money to Hargreaves Lansdowne SIPP and bought the Bitcoin tracker. 1) Tax free Bitcoin (even tho ya don't physically own it but still match the price movements) 2) Due to Bitcoins crazy volatility its a blessing that can't touch the money until 55. Not many can mentally handle that volatility without being tempted to trade it, and most will lose playing that game... holding for the long term as a hedge if the way to play it.
  7. I've owned Bitcoin for years as a speculative investment. However now I treat it like a hedge against things going badly wrong in the economy. (of which the probability has dramatically increased!) 1% in Bitcoin might just save the other 99%!
  8. @Naval from twiiter 'Half of us are working from couch and luxuriating in the myth of shared sacrifice. The other half are getting their livelihoods crushed while the virus lies in wait.' Very true...
  9. I am with First Direct who don't have an upper limit on mortgage overpayments. If I overpay by £2000 a month, and interest is only re-calculated once a year. Is the savings I should be making on interest (due to overpaying) being lost?, or does it mean I just don't realize the gains immediately but it all gets factored in?
  10. Surely the smarter thing to do is for your aging parents to dispose of assets when they retire (7+ years before any care package is needed)
  11. I am really against paying interest to the banks via mortgage.I believe with Help to Buy it is mandatory to take a mortgage?. If i had 200k in lifetime savings could i take a short term mortgage to make me eligible for the help to buy loan and then after the mortgage term pay the mortgage off in full and only be left with the HTB loan which is interest free for 5 years?Gaming the system a bit, but is it legally possible?
  12. Hi folks,I am really against paying interest to the banks via mortgage.I believe with Help to Buy it is mandatory to take a mortgage?. If i had 200k in lifetime savings could i take a short term mortgage to make me eligible for the help to buy loan and then after the mortgage term pay the mortgage off in full and only be left with the HTB loan which is interest free for 5 years?Gaming the system a bit, but is it legally possible?
  13. I've finally got around to implementing an idea at low cost. I've built a website that searches across the 3 main UK travel agents, and displays 365 days of combined results in one view. Its not perfect but at least its a start. I've found with website businesses, that the idea is not the hardest part, its getting knowledge of your website to the masses is the hardest. Social media advertising is expensive, and SEO is very difficult! https://holidayring.co.uk
  14. Once we get through July, that 1.7 drops off, will make much better reading
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.