Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum


New Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by TheRivieraKid

  1. Thanks for all the replies everyone.

    The prospect of selling and going into rented is terrifying in the current market, so that is a non-starter.

    Buying first, makes sense, but I just don't have enough cash available to be able to do that. Buying the next house is a stretch, even when including the equity from the current one!

    I'll just have to wait around and keep hoping something comes up and, if not, I'll stay put. It's not the house I want to be in long-term, but it's definitely affordable and already decorated and kitted out to my taste.

    Let's see if the 15 bps base rate has any impact, although I suspect it won't make a difference.

  2. Anyone have any experience with this?

    I sold my house in early October, but still haven't found somewhere else in budget as prices have gone mental even in just the last few months. I've seen properties that are not as nice as mine getting listed and sold at higher prices!

    I keep getting pestered by my agent, naturally, but I just can't find anything suitable within budget. I've told them I'm not moving anywhere but the 'forever home' (if it ever comes on), but it will get to the point where my buyer will be paying less than market value.

    What to do in this god-awful market..?!

  3. From first hand experience.

    I sold my house last month. Agent recommended listing for £25k (~5%) more than I was expecting. 18 viewings booked over two days. 5 offers from those, 4 at or above asking price. 3 of those increased their offer further when it went to “best and finals”. Sold for £25k over asking price.

    All in from hitting Rightmove to SSTC was 6 days, but viewings commenced on day 3.

  4. 17 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

    Someone tempted to do a Jilted? 😉

    I dunno. I’ll always keep at least a couple of btc in reserves, but I’m going to need to cash in at some point to buy a bigger house.

    My wife thinks it’s madness and that we should cash out everything right now. She laughs when I say it’ll go over $100k eventually. I’ll never hear the end of it if I’m wrong lol.

  5. 43 minutes ago, coypondboy said:

    Competition time for the lenders as mortgage approvals fall due to end of stamp duty holiday and lack of properties on the market at record lows.

    How will estate agts survive if this continues, for the first time in my area within 0.25 miles no properties of any type for sale as the last 2 went SSTC yesterday.


    In my town (40,000ish population) there is only one four bedroom house available on rightmove. And if that one wasn’t so ridiculously overpriced there’d be none.

    As for IRs, we’re about to remortgage at 0.93% on a 2yr fix. I expect it will probably get even cheaper.

  6. Bit off topic, but my mortgage is due to be renewed soon and I’m looking at switching to interest only (5yr fixed rate at 1.14%), and investing the difference. I meet all the income criteria etc. but need to present an approved repayment vehicle. Has anyone here done this? I’m mid-30’s and my latest pension forecast shows the mortgage amount would be around 30% of my age 60 pot. Can I just tell them I’ll be using the difference to invest in ISAs?

  7. 8 minutes ago, warpig said:

    There's lots of people like you... that know nothing and prove it at every point of the discussion. Say something of value, show me how "you think" it should be drawn or don't bother replying to anything I post... I'm so fed up of people like you.

    Well, for starters you either include the wicks, or just the bodies. But either way you need to be consistent. You seem to include wicks at the bottom of the range but bodies at the top.

    Then when price has broken out of your pattern, massively, in both directions, it clearly isn’t valid anymore. How can you comment to say it “is desperately trying to climb out” when it has broken out already.

    Either redraw your lines to include new data, or just forget it.

    Don’t get upset. I said I meant no disrespect.

  8. 1 hour ago, markyh said:

    Almost certainly wait under the stamp duty extension expiry and furlough ends, that is when the SWHTF for the economy and house market. 

    Just park the dream until Q4, we will know by then. and if BTC is suddenly over $130 you don't have to do a jiltedjen, cash out 100% , you can just cash out 50% and keep the dream of wealth alive for 2025. 

    Yeah. It’s gonna have to be. Hopefully it’ll somewhat resemble Q4 ‘17 lol

  9. Better not be over for this cycle!

    I feel totally screwed to be honest. I’ve gone from Feb-Apr eyeing up second step houses (with around £170k in btc/eth at the time, and on the up), to now hearing of people bidding up £50k-£75k over asking price, and my holdings down to under £100k. I’ll honestly be lucky if I get a place without having to get a bigger mortgage!

    Do I just abandon the idea of moving house for a few years, and ride out another bear cycle? My wife won’t be happy.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.