Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum


New Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About screamingninja

  • Rank
  1. HI all We are struggling to get our deposit back. We were in a AST for just under 2 years. we had an estate agent do our initial check in and tenant vetting placing deposit with TDS etc.. the landlord then took over the management of the property. We had no real problems and had very little contact with the landlord. We then handed our termination notice as per our contract. We had to arrange for the estate agent to re advertise the property and arranged them to do the exit inventory (this should have been the LL job to do!) The check out inventory was fine no issues, as far as they were concerned we were entailed to 100% deposit returned (we have always had a 100% return rate with all our rented properties). The landlord is refusing to authorise the release of my deposit he has failed to give me a legit reason as to why. First of all I had a text from him saying we had two kids and there must have been some damage or marks and we can not expect 100% of our deposit back. This is ridiculous we have only just had our first child who was 3 months when we left! He is now saying he had to pay for inspection fees when we entered the property and therefore we have to pay for an exit fee. The agent carried out this free of charge and we have a statement to that affect. He is demanding £150 or for us to come to our senses and make a sensible offer. I raised a dispute with TDS as I thought great my deposit is protected and they will hopefully see that he is trying to extract money to cover fees he is responsible for. The LL refused for TDS to adjudicate the dispute. This means my only option is court so we have served him with a notice before action stating all the key facts. This period has now passed and I am looking to move this forward. I started to look at the process I need to follow and I was going to raise a claim via "Money Claim online" as it seems quicker and cheeper but on there it states to not to be used for deposit disputes as this should be done via a DPS company. Is this true? Alternatively I need to fill out a form but I am not sure which one a N! form or a N208. Conflicting information on web popped into the courts and they were no help? Any ideas?
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.