Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum


New Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by EllieCuteMe

  1. He's produced a deposit protection certificate, I'm toast!
  2. I'm not too bothered about the personal details being there I don't live there any more. Situation appears as I thought AST and periodic are treated the same way by the courts.
  3. This is it. I wish to make a claim under the Housing Act 2004 section 214(1)(a) that the deposit of £525 as required under law for the Assured Shorthold Tenancy for 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJ' was not paid in to an appropriate tenancy deposit scheme (in accordance with section 213 (1) of the Housing Act 2004) or that ‘I’ the applicant did not received the prescribed information concerning which Tenancy Deposit Scheme was to hold the deposit, within 30 days of the defendants receipt of the deposit (in accordance with section 213 (3) of the Housing Act 2004). Although the tenancy has ended as of the 25th of January 2013 under the localism act 2011 a tenant can still pursue his landlord for the return of the deposit in full, this is a revision of the Housing Act 2004 and came into force in April 2011. 1) The applicant asks that the court makes an order in accordance with the Housing Act 2004 section 214 (3) which states the following; (a) "order the person who appears to the court to be holding the deposit to repay it to the applicant in full" A total of (£525 not £450 as was paid) And I understand that the Court Must also do the following; 2) The applicant asks that the court makes an order in accordance with the Housing Act 2004. Section 214 (4) which states the following; "The court must also order the landlord (by way of penalty) to pay to the applicant a sum of money equal to one to three times the amount of the deposit within the period of 14 days beginning with the date of the making of the order ‘the amount being subject to the judge’s discretion’ but no less than one month’s deposit as prescribed under law.” A total of (£525 x 1 to 3 original deposit amount) I am therefore seeking payment of (£525-£450 = £75 + X1-3 Deposit), court fee and [interest at 8% per annum if the situation is not resolved inside 3 months of this claim]. A minimum therefore of £600 and a maximum of £1650 + applicable court costs.
  4. BTW I've already left the property. I want my deposit back - all of it. I was a good tenant. Should I write him a letter offering a peaceful life if he pays up or take him straight to court. Does anyone know where to submit the N208 and how much will it cost me? Here is a copy of the letter I'm submitting with N208, the format I knicked from here but I have altered it.
  5. I've filled out my N208 because landlord is an idiot. I'm a bit worried because my Agreed Shorthold Tenancy ran out over a year ago, my assumption is that I went onto a periodic but have no paperwork that says this. Will this make any difference in court?
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.