finally decided to post on this site, which I've been trying to do for a while, go easy on any overly simplistic questions, i apologize in advance.
after a little advice if you'd be so kind....
i currently possess no gold at all. i have minimal savings (around £5k), every month i put a few hundred away. after reading this site i know i should own some gold to preserve my savings given the current turmoil. my questions are:
1) i use my savings to advance myself sometimes to cater for bigger purchases, if i was to buy gold - and then in 3 months time need to sell some of it are the chances high that i would be worse off?
2) when selling gold - is there a 'best way' to do it, i.e. somewhere in particular where they don't take a cut out of your sale ?
3) is £1,069/$1,738 (excluding delivery) too much to pay for a 1oz maple leaf coin(2011) or is that roughly what i should expect to be paying?
4) is it wise to buy smaller amounts of gold i.e. 1/10, 1/4 oz gold? they seem to be quite a fair bit steeper in price compare to the 1oz ones.
5) for my personal situation - would buying on bullionvault until I've sorted out my financial issue in a few months be a better idea?
i know most of the answers will be subject to opinion but i look forward to all the responses.
Thanks in advance.