Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

morillo

New Members
  • Posts

    42
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by morillo

  1. It is a builder, as the house(s) still being built at the minute, at the stage of putting the tiles on the roof today. I have been speaking to the builder previously, and he doesnt seem at all in any hurry to sell. He still has some of the 4bed houses in same development and hasnt dropped the price even. When i was speaking to him before he said itd be about 160k. Now that it seems any viewers are all interested in the same house, he has put the price up on that one to 165.

    I would be happy to come back and offer around 155 (which is about the max im willing to go, very big maybe of 160 but i would rather wait it out a month or so than do that.) what could well happen in the meantime is though that someone else will come in and pay the £1k deposit to secure site. If you do that though you know the builder will hold out for his full 165, and i aint doing that!

    Just sit tight, I'm sure the EA will be on the phone to you the minute someone puts in a higher offer, at that point you can decide what your max bid will be. It really depends on how much you want the place.

    You'll probably find the majority of the viewers are thinking the same as you - that the place is still overpriced - otherwise it would have been snapped up by now.

    Surely placing the £1k deposit will tie you up to purchasing the property at £165k, if you don't want to lose the retainer?

  2. you are almost certainly not dealing with a builder

    you are dealing with a bank

    bankrolled by tax payers

    rock on!

    Might well be dealing with the builder seems like a quick response, I did the same - offered what I thought was a fair price on a new build that has been empty for >2 years. This was a bank repo.

    Took over a week to get a decision from the bank and the offer was rejected.

    Just say that you'll leave the offer on the table in case they change their minds before you find somewhere else. If they do contact you, which they may well do given current market conditions, tell them the offer is no longer valid and then bid them down!!! Buyers market :)

  3. Go for it, whats the worst they can say? No?

    Its obviously been on the market for a year with no movement for a reason, its overpriced.

    Put a bid of £210k on it even if you feel they will laugh at it citing 2005 valuation as a more realistic price given the current market. Let them bid you up to £240k (your max bid). If they still don't bite, walk away and look at other properties. I would also play on the fact that you are not in a chain and have a substantial deposit.

    On the flip side you could just play the waiting game. Do you know anything about the vendors situation? May be they have to sell due to needing to relocate, divorce etc. May have to reduce it at some point. Although I wouldn't hold your breath, lot of very stubborn sellers out there at the moment with their heads still stuck in the clouds.

  4. nope, nearly all there properties have no nouse number now, look again, organise the search by recently added, and u will see a lot of properties will no history and no house number,

    they seem to have relisted some of their entries, if you go to page 8 of 156, thats when i start seeing significant numbers of entries with history:

    http://www.propertynews.com/results.php?s=117305024&p=8

    as you say may be they are trying to clear the history or just bump the properties nearer to the top of the search results?

  5. anyone notice that they removed all there properties and then relisted them again so all the history is cleared from propertybee

    and they have different price listings than other agents.

    179 greenville road for example is priced at £82,500 after relisting, but is priced at £79,000 at donnelly dickson since 25th november

    as well as that the house number does not appear on any of there listings anymore

    working all right for me, may be its just selected properties they've relisted. Try this:

    http://www.propertynews.com/results.php?s=117301916&sort=h2l

  6. I know it's only a guide price, but that £65K bungalow looks like extremely good value to me, it wouldn't take much to finish it off. It looks like it's on a reasonable plot too - if only the rest of the UK would follow suit...

    If its a repo, I'd be surprised if it that bungalow actually sells.

    In areas like that a very dim view would be taken of anyone cashing in on someone elses misfortune. But yes 65k seems extremely good value...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.