Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum


New Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About bricey1979

  • Rank
  1. We have privately rented for about 8 years now. We have 4 children, both of us work. We have been on the social housing list for 5 years but due to our requirement we do not have much chance of getting a council property. My problem is this. Our children (4, 6, 13 and 14) have had to move schools 3 times now and each time we have had to move we have had to borrow a deposit. We recently downsized to a 3 bedroom house as we couldnt afford the 4 we were in previously. Our rent is now 1150 per month. We have a years tenancy but the landlord has just advised me he will be looking to terminate the tenancy as he now needs to come back to the property earlier than he thought. I am on fairly good terms with him and I have spoken to the council who have said the only way I can get a soical property is by him evicitng us. Now, I dont really want to go down this route but if it means we have stability then it may be worth exploring. Fact is, we cant affor a deposit to move out, we cant afford a 4 bed we so desperately need. Will this cost the landlord money id he proceeds with an eviction? are we likely to be split up as a family if we get emergency housing? Hope someone can advise or help!
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.