Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

HPCUser001

New Members
  • Content Count

    14
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About HPCUser001

  • Rank
    HPC Newbie
  1. I had an email from one of our local estate agents with a house that we viewed a couple of weeks ago: I think this sinks....
  2. The AiP was 3 weeks ago and they have agreed to continue with the application at 4.45%
  3. I have contact B&W and quoted the following from the Banking Code 13.3: "If we cannot help you, we will explain the main reason why if you ask us to. We will give you this, in writing or electronically, if you ask." Managed to speak to the underwriters manager, who has now overturn the decision and has re-instated the application, due communication issues.
  4. I have contact B&W and quoted the following from the Banking Code 13.3: "If we cannot help you, we will explain the main reason why if you ask us to. We will give you this, in writing or electronically, if you ask." Managed to speak to the underwriters manager, who has now overturn the decision and has re-instated the application, due communication issues.
  5. We are joint applicants and the only associations we have is with each other. Also, we submitted the mortgage application on the last day before the rate went up to 4.99%
  6. Do you know where they do the 'Pre-Filters? As that would come in handy before you even put an offer in on a house.
  7. We are early 30's with a joint income of over £50k+ The mortage required was less than £140k
  8. This is also reported in the following link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/persona...ome-buyers.html I was also refused a mortgage with the Post Office yesterday, with with a 57% deposit : Link
  9. I have got copies of both the credit reports from each credit agency for both of us and nothing looks bad on them?
  10. The PO did not instruct the valuation of the property. The house is a typical modern brick build detached house, build around 1970-80.
  11. Letter received from Post Office about mortgage refusal: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Further to previous correspondence unfortunately information has come to light, which means we cannot proceed with your application. Your valuation fee of £XXX has been refunded. As this is a joint application, the credit reference agency search we have carried out will have created an ‘association’ between the applicants. An association simply means that any future credit search made against one of the named individuals will also provide the credit file information for the linked applicant. The association itself will not affect individual credit ratings, but lenders make take the credit file information of linked individuals into account when considering further applications for credit or financial services (even if a linked individual is not part of the new application). The association will remain until one partly successfully applies to the credit reference agency for ‘disassociation’. You may find it helpful to obtain a copy of your consumer file from one or both of the credit bureaux operating in the UK. You must apply in writing and include a payment of £2.00. Experian & Equifax We are sorry that we cannot help you with this application. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We have checked both Experian and Equifax and our credit ratings are 999 & 996 with no other information on there to indicate any bad debt. We are joint applicants and the only associations we have is with each other. We are putting down a 57% deposit and we have excellent credit ratings as far we can see on the two reference agencies. So we have no idea where to go from here to rectify whatever the issue you is. Any ideas on what to do? Should we apply for another mortgage?
  12. We have been informed today that our mortgage application has been declined even though we had an approval in principal (AIP) We have spoken to the underwriter, who refused to give any details as to why we were turned down. They advised that they were under no legal obligation to disclose any information. I have checked our credit rating using www.creditexpert.co.uk and we scored 999 & 996. We have a 60% deposit and are now at a loss as to why we have been turned down. We are now very concerned that we will lose the house we are trying to purchase. As we do not know the reason why we were rejected the same thing could happen again with a new application with another mortgage provider. Without a reason we have no idea how to rectify the situation. Any advice would be welcome. Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.