Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Ron J

New Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ron J

  1. Now available again, the sale has fallen through after 3 months.
  2. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/news/files/2010/05/may-2010.pdf
  3. Sorry for not updating you - It did go STC a couple of days after my offer.
  4. If it does stay unsold or they come back to me I will mail the owner, my view at the moment is that 194 was never accepted by the owner. I may be wrong and I will send an update. Basically I would never trust anything an estate agent states.
  5. Yes all the offers we made by me and declined until today, first offer was made last Monday.
  6. I was the only one bidding I offered 194 to secure it. After they accepted 194 today 3 hrs later they phoned me to tell me someone who looked at the house a few weeks ago has offered 200. Have told then I will only buy for 190 now if they come back to me. Could be BS timewill tell
  7. Went to view a house a few weeks ago on originally for 250, last sold price 180 late 2003. Offered 190, then 192 then had offer accepted of 194 today. I had a call not 3 hrs after the offer was accepted asking me to increase my offer to 201 as they have had a higher offer. Unbelievable!
  8. Before I make a decision on any of the above I would like to know if the contract is viod.
  9. Hi All, Advise needed please. I have just been informed by mail that my letting agent has ceased trading, luckily the DD was due to go out on Monday the 28th so I have stopped this (very lucky as it was sent 2nd class) No deposite was taken but we paid 2 months rent in advance, so effectively I think that means we could just leave on the 28th April if we wanted to as the contact has beened cancelled by the letting agent. I have been sent the landlords details for setting up payments but am reluctant to do this as I think the previous Contract is now viod and therefore there is no contract in place? Looking for advise on what to do, I am thinking this may be a good opportunity to set up a contract direct with the landlord and get a rent reduction as there wouldn't be any letting agent fees. Thanks for your help
  10. Looked at a house last week in Bristol and was told by the EA that there were 37 new people that registered with their office half of which were cash buyers. Also had a call advising there were 2 second viewings on the house we were interested in that day, did I want to know if any offers were made, this on a house that hasn't sold in at least 8 months.
  11. For some time now all the agents in my area have been showing price drops or failed sales as new listings. This must help their time on the market stats. One of the agents in my area have relisted all their properties today as they are having a 10% off sale which ends in March.
  12. I am in Bristol and seeing new properties added daily, although many of them are in excess of 2007 prices.
  13. Just been told today we are moving a large % of jobs over seas. Asking for people to volunteer for redundancy Good of them to wait until after Xmas
  14. Hi All, Go easy this is my 1st post on the main forum. I have also been lurking on this site since late 2006, sold my house early 2007 went in to rented because the house we were buying fell through (it has since sold for 20% less than we were going to pay, other houses in the area have been selling for upto 35% off peak maybe more) 2007 was a pretty rough year due to everybody insisting house prices were going to continue rising. I am now in the same position, people yet again telling me house prises are going to rise (well they are I guess) although I do not see that this is sustainable. I think we all know that the fundementles are wrong and a further correction is due although I am a little concerned that prices will stay where they are with low volumes of sales. I would say that I was in a worse position in 2007 than now although it dosn't feel that way. How Labour ever let house prices get this far out of control is crazy but even worse is the fact that so many people have bought into it. Why people can't understand that high house prices are not a good thing and is the reason why are in this mess is beyond me.
  15. Update: They were originally trying to get £400 (not including late rent) for the damage they claimed I caused. I offered them £50 for a stain on the carpet, £50 for painting. They have accepted. Thanks for the advice I know it was naughty not paying the last months rent but I didn't trust them. Got the cheque through today for the remainder of my deposit.
  16. Thanks for the advise, No the LL didn't agree to taking the last months rent out of my deposit although I did seek advise from CA who informed me this was OK.
  17. Hi, 1st time poster but have been watching this site since Dec 2006. I really need some help as I am having issues retreiving the balance of my deposit it is held in the DPS. I have just moved to a different rental property and have been informed by the LA that the LL has some issues which they want to hold back the deposit for, they are: Re-enamel the Bath as now it is apparently far worse than when we moved in (it's not) - It shows on the checking report that the enamel is worn and was filthy when we moved in. Painting, one wall is particularly bad and was in need of redecorating when we moved in - this is noted on the check in report but in fairness has had more wear and tear since we moved in. Clean the cooker, we did this before we moved out the check out has described the cooker as clean showing signs of where. Clean the house, My wife spent 3 hrs doing this on moving day and regularly cleaned. The check out statement about cleanliness of the house was clean. 2 small marks on the carpets upstairs described on check out as burn marks, they are about the size of a 50p piece. The cost for moving the fridge freezer we left for the new tenant (we gave it to him) Some of the above has made me so mad as we put up with it during the tenancy (bath regularly graced our skin when using) Any repairs I asked to be done during the tenancy were dragged out (2 total) one was for a damp issue which has damaged some of my furnishings (I have photo's but didn't claim at the time) The only issue that I have caused is that I didn't pay the last months rent, I needed the money for the new deposited and moving costs ect.... I have asked them to take it out of the deposit. I also let them show perspective people around the property although this was in breach of my right's and I didn't want them too. On check-out the lady remarked on the lack of detail on the check-in report and said they wouldn't stand a chance if it went to court, on check I pointed out most of the issues even a smashed fence panel and 2 foot oil stain on the drive were missed. So I need advise on what you feel is reasonable from the above for them to claim and how I should proceed with the dispute I have checked the TDS site and am not sure if I should get one of there independent assessors to help or take it to court as the LA has advised the LL won't back down. Thanks for your help
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.