Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

halothane

New Members
  • Content Count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About halothane

  • Rank
    HPC Newbie

Profile Information

  • Location
    Preston
  1. Hi I have looking to buy for almost 2 years (egged on by the wife) but held off hoping there would be a 'correction' We just saw a good one on the market. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...xPrice%3D230000 Good area, close to my place of work, schools etc (no kids yet). I have a decent deposit saved. The place has just been reduced to 229950 from 250000 (no interest for 4 weeks). Vendors keen to sell. Do you think it's worth offering 210000 for it (total of ~17% off initial asking-- similar houses sold for ~230000 in neighbouring lanes last year) or let this one go and wait for prices to fall? I always (for last 3 years) thought I'd buy when ineterst on mortgage was equal to current rent (£700). On 5% £170,000 mortgage, it is just about even now. Or would I just be contributing to dead cat bounce??? Ta H PS: rented for last 5 years here and 3 years abroad so sick of moving every 2-3 years.
  2. I am looking to put some money into Barclay's shares but am worried about nationalisation. What do ordinary shareholders get when HMG nationalises banks?
  3. Nah, I wouldn't It would be a massacre! On second thought, I'd pay to watch
  4. There will be, eventually no buyers (unless it's for a silly price like 75% off yesterday's). Then LSE will have to stop trading in HBOS shares
  5. Sorry, typing on a horrible rubber keyboard!
  6. Thanks Hadn't looked at those figures before. This one is 43. Interesting highest ever achieved on this street is £180,000. I'll use this info to .bbargain. Also found a couple of 3 bed detached (not as well turned out) properties in the area for similar money so will tray to settle for £150 or so but doubt they'll give in. Oh well,, plenty of houses!
  7. I will let them wait a few days and when EA calls me back, I'll offer £160- 1650000 Does that sound more reasonable? I think they'll laugh at me. But, I don't care and if some idiot wants to buy it at a higher price, I'll refuse to enter a bidding war.
  8. I haven't met vendors (viewed with estate agent). They sound quite keen to sell-- have dropped £20000 and changed EAs after 4 weeks. Allegedly want to go to Oz before Christmas. I guess they don't want a chain so FTB status useful.
  9. My thoughts, exactly (except I had 30% in mind). Any tips on trying to convince the gentler sex?
  10. Hi I am a new member ( been watching for a long time. registered in 2006, asked a couple of questions but have now forgotten username/password so new ID) I have looking to buy for almost 2 years (egged on by the wife) but held off hoping there would be a 'correction' We just saw a good one on the market. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-230...=5&tr_t=buy Good area, close to my place of work, schools etc (no kids yet). I have a decent deposit saved. The place has just been reduced to 199950 from 220000 (no interest for 4 weeks). Vendors emigrating so keen to sell. They bought it for £165000 in mid 2004 and extended it . Do you think it's worth offering 170,000 for it (total of ~25% off initial asking-- similar houses sold for ~230000 in neighbouring lanes last year) or let this one go and wait for prices to fall? I always (for last 3 years) thought I'd buy when ineterst on mortgage was equal to current rent (£650). On 5.8% £140,000 mortgage, it is just about even now. Or would I just be contributing to dead cat bounce??? Ta H PS: rented for last 5 years here and 3 years abroad so sick of moving every 2-3 years.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.