Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

bloobird

New Members
  • Content Count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About bloobird

  • Rank
    HPC Newbie
  1. Hi latterdaysinner, how would it delay the S21? Tks
  2. Also forgot to add, that when I mentioned that according to the EA that even a small leakage could result in £10,000 clean up costs, he said "shhhushh we wouldn't tell anyone would we?"
  3. I can't edit my post. Just wanted to change the last line to say that the LL was aware that the tank was splitting. He is unaware that there is now a leak.
  4. Hi all, hope you can help. We are shortly due an S21 at the rented property we've stayed at for nearly 10 years. The LL is being vindictive and I've posted the history on another thread. We live in a rural location and have a Kerosene oil tank in the garden. The plastic tank has split and oil has started leaking onto the earth. The LL was notified of the splitting months ago and merely used lashings to tighten the end of the tank! At the time I asked if it would be better to replace the tank as according to the Environmental agency even a small spillage can cost £10,000 to clean up. Fast forward to today,I feel I should notifiy the Environmental agency as this kerosene may be entering the local water table. Then I feel that I need to notify the letting agency that the tank needs replacing and that the Environmental agency have already been notified. From there we will obviously have to arrange a convenient time for the LL to arrange someone (other than himself to attend the property) Will this be seen as vindictive at court? The LL is aware, even his lashings are attached to the tank still. Thanks
  5. Thanks for all these replies. The latest is that the agent went back to mediate us leaving at the beginning of the year due to the pregnancy and the difficulties my partner has had (remove the distress). However the LL has remained vindictive (I did call him a spineless coward for threatening to evict a pregnant women when she was alone on the drive. I called him a molusc that needed to grow a backbone). As the relationship has broken down, I asked the agency for reassurances that the LL knows he cannot attend the property. Or I will report the LL for continous harrassment. The agency has done this. We moved in nearly 10 years to the day and asked the agency about the deposit being protected. He stumbled and first said that he was he that it was. Then said that it was. I have good reason to believe that he didn't know and as a result it may not be protected. My partner has taken the timing badly. Myself, I've wanted to leave for a while. However I want to do whats best. If that means digging in my heels and waiting for a judge to tell us to leave then so be it (hopefully this wont be until Sep/Oct) The agency says they can serve the S21 before the due date (however it will be forward dated). Is this correct? I've instructed the agency not to attend the property due to my partners distress and said they can deal with me directly via email, mobile or snail mail. Because of this, I assume the S21 will arrive recorded delivery. What if I never receive this S21? i.e. proof I've never signed for it? Do I just continue as normal and if I receive a bundle from the court, simply reply and say I have not had a S21? If we go to court am I liable for costs? I'm going to say the eviction was a revenge eviction. I'm retrospectively reporting the LL to the police for harressment. According to the Shelter website, threatening eviction is illegal. I know it cannot be proved but the Police have a duty to investigate (visit him). I'll use the incident number in court (unless he is daft as a brush and admits it) ..... The police are already aware of this threat through involving the Police with the neighbour. This pre-dates the agency notifiying us that the LL wants to evict us. Any suggestions or advice please? I've also got some issues with the property so will start a new thread. Please take a look.
  6. Hi, I believe it is. Is it better for us if it was? If it is not in a protected scheme, does the LL need to move it into one before serving the S21? Tks
  7. I believe the Police have spoken to the LL about our neighbour (they asked me for LL's details). At that time I made them aware that the LL had threatened to evict a couple of weeks before. Immediately after the eviction threat I phoned the letting agency (call recorded) and explained what had happened.
  8. Would this be to give him an opportunity to say no? Tks
  9. Hello all, I'm looking for a bit of advice re: an eviction notice please. From my understanding the LL doesn't need to give a reason. Also, he can't issue the S21 until the end of the month (due rent date). This info came from the letting agency, is this correct? Taking into account of when the S21 can be issued and the two months notice we should be out of the property by the end of August. We have been here 10 years, made some considerable improvements at our cost and never missed a single rent payment, always on time. The LL has over 10 properties owns substantial farm land and houses, therefore doesn't need the house as an emergency for dwelling. The LL has randomly appeared at our home on many occasions for varying different things over the years. Until very recently I just accepted it. Since the end of last year I've been asking him to stop, he told me it was his property and he could come whenever he wanted. One week (recently) he turned up 3 times unannounced to ask us to move a garden toy (its been there for 6 years). The first occasion he saw me mowing the grass and jumped over the back fence, completely unannounced and out of the blue. The second was when my partner was home alone (she works from home all the time and is petrified of the LL). The third time he came when my partner was out the front alone. He was raising his voice having a go at her. I was around the back but could hear him. I asked him to leave and that all communications should be done via the agency. He raised his voice at me and threatened us with eviction if we didn't do as he said. I told him not to speak to us like that and to sling his hook. Off the back of all this he now wants us out. There is a little more to this but don't want blabber on too much. But basically we have had to involve the police for a problematic neighbour. This has involved racial abuse and criminal damage among other things. The police have seen video footage, pictures, taken statements and are currently taking matters forward (the neighbour has been interviewed under caution and the police are inquiring with the council whether of not we can have CCTV fitted (some new scheme). However, the LL is friendly with this neighbour. We believe the eviction is a revenge eviction because we told the LL that he can't threaten us with eviction as it is illegal, therefore we would go to the police. We also believe the fact I had the audcaity to tell the LL where to go and also involved the police regarding our neighbour that the LL is merely being vindictive. To add to the complications, my partner is pregnant and is due at the end of the year. There has been some difficulties and she/we could do without the distress so I've proposed to the agency that we would like to stay until after the birth of the baby and move out as soon as January. The agency finds this reasonable and will put this to the LL. However I feel he will remain vindictive. Moving forward, if we still receive the S21 at the end of the month we actually plan to ignore it. From here I understand that the LL has to apply to court to evict us, at which point we are looking at a court date around September time, is this correct? As we actually plan to move in January anyway, I was thinking of trying to stall the whole eviction process to the point it's nearly the end of the year anyway. Does anyone know how the court process works? I would present the eviction as vindictive and try to back it up with as much information as I can. Also how human are the courts in these cases, i.e. all facts considered, difficult pregnancy, trying to limit the distress and the fact we have made a sensible proposal of leaving in January after the birth of our baby. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks and apols for the long post. It's just difficult times :-(
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.