Friday, Mar 17, 2017
QE, asset-price inflation and wages
First chart shows the 'stellar' gains in world asset prices since 2008 and the sluggish growth in the economy.
âWe donât know how effective QE has been (i.e. for the real economy) because we donât know what would have happened without it,â said Peter Oppenheimer, chief global equity strategist at Goldman in London. Falling interest rates supported most financial assets, while for the economy âQE has been effective to prevent downside risk,â he said.
Any suggestions for a translation of this quote?
Third chart shows how ballooning central bank balance sheets have ballooned equity prices.
Will the Fed rein back QE and raise Treasury yields and mortgage securities?
- If you do not have an admin password leave the password field blank.
- If you would like to request a password allowing you to add comments and blog news articles without needing each one approved manually, send an e-mail to the webmaster.
- Your email address is required so we can verify that the comment is genuine. It will not be posted anywhere on the site, will be stored confidentially by us and never given out to any third party.
- Please note that any viewpoints published here as comments are user's views and not the views of HousePriceCrash.co.uk.
- Please adhere to the Guidelines